The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad is looking for a new truck and has found a 2000 w/ 106000 on it. It has an auto tranny and everything looks great. I have ran a carfax and it was a repo and then sold at auction. I am just wondering what else needs to be checked on it. Anything special need to be checked w/ the tranny or anything else??? Thanks.

I seen somewhere to remove PCM cover and see how it looks??:Thumbup:

·
1,386 Posts
Run an Oasis report on it. Go to the top of the forum in the 7.3 section and request a report. Someone will be along soon to help you out. Good luck on the new truck.

Tim

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
already listed just waiting on the responce.... Thanks though

·
43 Posts
I'd suggest getting it inspected for the state before he buys it that way you know it'll pass. No surprise ball joints, etc. repairs right off the bat.

·
Registered
274 Posts
As said, check ball joints bushings etc etc all the normal used truck stuff.
If possible do a cylinder contibution test, compression check, and injector buzz check. Pull the intake boot off the turbo. The comp. whell should have almost no play and the blades should be crisp and sharp. get a coolant test strip kit and check the ph of the coolant. if they took care of the coolant chances are the rest of the truck was looked after too, then again it got repo'd so who knows what they didn't do or do:deal: :shrug:

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cylinder contibution test
compression check
injector buzz check

Could you please tell me how all of these are done or can it just be takin somewhere and have them check it out....

F

·
0 Posts
What kind of truck 2 wheel drive? Xtend cab, reg. ? How much are they asking?

F

·
0 Posts
hhrecovery said:
compression check
injector buzz check

Could you please tell me how all of these are done or can it just be takin somewhere and have them check it out....
you would need a NGS, I think AutoEngunity does those test also? You could take it to a mechanic, or Ford dealer and have it done.

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ex Cab. 4x4... who would buy a 2x4???? :poke: they are asking 16,500 I believe is what he said. Doesn't have a gooseneck hitch or anything. We know all the basics on what to look for, just not sure if anything extra needed to be checked on the 7.3

·
Registered
274 Posts
hhrecovery said:
compression check
injector buzz check

Compression check is done through the GP holes with a gauge and adapter.
CC Test and injector buzz test can be done with a scan tool such as Auto Enginuity

1 - 11 of 11 Posts