The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is mainly for those of you with older PSD's. If you were to come across some money, let's say an inheritance or a lottery, and you could either have one or the other, would you : buy a brand new Powerstroke, loaded with all the extras, smelling like new with not a scratch on it or;
keep your current truck and buy all the great mods that you have always dreamt of?
I think there is alot to say about a truck that has been modded to fit your needs and desires with some customization that makes it "yours"
What do you all think?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Build current truck for dependable tow monster above all.
also

Buy a Dmax 3500, do a straigt front axle conversion, and bomb the piss out of it.

I've had plenty of saddle time in all three, and my :ford: is the ONLY thing I want when I'm hooking to a load.
The others, especially chebbie, don't even feel like trucks.
We hauled a tractor about 75 miles the other day with my buddies 05 dually, jarred my brains out, that trailer and load was throwing the truck around so much on the road that I was scared, even at 55-60.

I drove an 06 LBZ a while back. I kinda didn't want to drive it because I though I would like it too much and want to sell my :ford:.
No way, completely 100% honest, I like my truck more than anything I've ever driven. Especially when working it.

Oh, I'd drop two Hypermax bombed DT466's, one in an OBS, one in an SD.
SD for sled pulling, OBS for the strip.
I'd be conservative, tell Hypermax to only pull out 2000hp each out of them.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I would keep the current truck and turn it in to a power house. If you buy a new truck with all of your money, in five years you will be in the same spot. Fix up what you have and be proud of it. It is always fun when you drive around town tuning heads. The best part is watching the guys in lifted superduty gas trucks, they can't help but watch the smoke roll out of the stacks.:tease

·
2,509 Posts
I'd buy a dodge and build a killer powerstroke engine to put in it just for spite.:woot:
But afer I got tired of haveing to ride around in a dodge I don't think you can beet the looks of an OBS ford

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
^^^ lol

·
0 Posts
Um...if you won the lottery and the rich uncle died...do both. LOL

Bomb the living bejezus out of my current truck...and buy a new truck to cruise in and pull the camper with.

·
New member, old guy
11 Posts
No contest - I could spend 40K on my current truck and not be at the cost of a dressed new one, plus mine would be better looking. I could fix, modify and improve my guts out and still buy a new Harley for the fun part, with enough left over for a nice cruise for me and Lovely Wife.

Dave / Believer45

·
Registered
393 Posts
I would def keep my truck and build the crap out of it. I would have some much fun because I would build i so I could do everything with it, four wheel, drag race and sled pull. It would be a beast:evil:

·
4,024 Posts
Ya don't need the lottery or a death in the family........just need twice what the truck is worth and don't ever plan on getting it back if you sell it. :sly:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts