The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had 20K on the stocker, and I was at the Carlisle swap meet and a vendor had a box-less Green 6.4 filter for 30, or a new one for 84.... Needless to say I bought the open one.

I put it in, and it does feel better, seems like it builds boost a little quicker. I think significantly better in stop/go traffic with my 75 loaded.

I have driven the same route every day at the same speeds since July, so I filled back up to see if there will be any mileage change.

So far so good, fits well, and sure looks like it will flow more than the half dirty stocker LOL. We will soon see if it gets me a little mileage.

More to come :happymugs

·
176 Posts
Sounds good man..... I need a new filter too and I'm thinking about going with an S&B intake or a Green filter. I figure why waste the $$ on the factory filter when I can put the $$ into an after-market one. Please update us with your mileage because I'm dying to see if you get an increase.

Gerry

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gerry, I did do a 200 mile round trip empty with the air on yesterday, got 17.1 mpg, bobtailing, completely empty, hand calculated.

I have NEVER seen anything close to that in 20K miles, but I also never did a run like this, relatively slow and steady no stopping, etc.

So I am thinking things are real good, but the official test will be after this tank is gone, because its been 14.2 mpg week after week after week to/from work.

·
95 Posts
does anyone have teh part# for these as i had to take my s&b off do to the truck giving a code because of it and i may try a banks unit or just go with a green filter but need the part #

·
23 Posts
Go to greenfilterusa.com and you can get the part #. I run the green filter with the top of the airbox off. It seems to feel a little quicker and build boost a little better than before.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Is anyone running this filter tuned? I have to put back in my stock airbox to goto Ford.... The S&B actually throws a soft code so Ford doesn't want to work on it with it in... So if the Green filter works tuned I might as well jsut have that instead of the S&B.

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is anyone running this filter tuned? I have to put back in my stock airbox to goto Ford.... The S&B actually throws a soft code so Ford doesn't want to work on it with it in... So if the Green filter works tuned I might as well jsut have that instead of the S&B.
I am, only the 75 in it right now, but I may load the updated 210 soon. I got the file months ago but the 75 has run so well for me I haven't bothered switching back

·
245 Posts
lots of guys running green filters tuned and with the 275 tune no problem

Reactions: Hollywood

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't got to the bottom of the tank yet, but it seems to be doing better.

This tank has has one long trip on it though, so it wont be a great one to use for a standard.

I hate to change to the 210 until I get a good mileage measurement, but I'll get one with the 75, then again with the 210. I track every tank, so its habit now

·
606 Posts
Is it a dry or oil filter?

·
1,415 Posts
dry i beleve

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for the slow reply

Its an oiled filter, much like a K&N

However, for the mileage update

I have some good numbers this tank but not sure if its even worth posting because my driving habits were so different.

I have been running consistent 14.3 mpg, 17 miles to work one way, 75 hp program, combination of 50% city (Washington DC) stop and go and the rest 55-60 mph, cruise on as much as possible, A/C off. Day in, day out always 14.3 hand calculated, 14.6 showing on LOM

This tank, with no changes but the filter, I got an honest 15.4 mpg for 397 miles, BUT WAIT......

Its a bit of a BS number :goodvsevil

I did 397 miles total before I filled up, however, 200 of it was different driving, some of it was a good run of rural divided highway, cruise on, but in this case we had a hot spell so the whole week was A/C on.

So it panned out like this, 397 miles total, 150 of it was in hilly, but consistent 55-65 mph cruise (Appalachian Trail in northern MD), the remaining 247 miles were my standard run, but with the A/C on. LOM got as high as 15.8 but leveled off at 15.6 for the entire time

I personally feel the truck runs noticeably better and I think I am going to see an improvement in mileage, however, I am not sure if this jump of 1 mpg is due to the air filter alone.

The a/c should have offset the more mellow run, and the run was in some steep hills, but maybe not too.

However, I delayed my switch back to the 210 hp program to get a better reading on the next tank. More to come!

·
245 Posts
thats a great price, will be buying one of those from you soon

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
I wonder how much that would be in Canadian??? Even though it only took me about 15 min to put mine back to stock (S&B) its jsut one less thing to do before going into Ford.

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, new update.

Bobtailing in the rain for 900 miles round trip from MD to MA and back, I didnt keep track LOL

Unfortunately we had an unexpected death in the family and we were in boogie-mode

However, I left my wife there to handle funeral arrangements for her dad and I am repeating the trip tomorrow and Sunday, so I will get good data.

With that being said, LOM said 17.3, and I got the best mileage I have ever seen out of the truck in terms of watching the fuel gauge, I couldnt do the whole run on one tank with the truck when it was new. I had fuel to spare on this run, both ways

We'll see, but so far I really like this filter.

I promise real numbers on the next run

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I wonder how much that would be in Canadian??? Even though it only took me about 15 min to put mine back to stock (S&B) its jsut one less thing to do before going into Ford.
Lots and lots of US $$$$

If you want one shoot me a PM. I can ship one USPS...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts