The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Inline Junky!
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The are calling for crappy weather here in PA. And the tranny dumpped on my '91 chevy (gasser) plow truck. So tomorrow ill be under that thing. LOL its no D-Max but ill try and get some pics up!!

·
Powered By Ford
2,438 Posts
which trans is it? My friends 89 puked one of those 700R4s in 6 months...a brand new one with a supposed converter and HD valve body

·
Inline Junky!
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put a Used tranny in our plow truck and it wont shift to 3rd. It tries but goes to a neutral. The engine just revs and the truck slows down. It’s a 700-4r . Anyone have any tricks I can try before I rip this thing back out and get another one??

·
resident mason
343 Posts
we put one in a buddies truck years ago and had problems w/ linkage/ and vaccum? lines. it shifted slow and wouldn't hit all gears. i'd start there.-neil

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
I put a Used tranny in our plow truck and it wont shift to 3rd. It tries but goes to a neutral. The engine just revs and the truck slows down. It’s a 700-4r . Anyone have any tricks I can try before I rip this thing back out and get another one??

My 95 does the same thing. It started doing that at the same time the speedometer stopped working. I figure it's a sensor or someone told me there is a black electronic box on the trans that could be bad. I only use it for plowing so it doesn't really matter. It doesn't leave to property. But if you figure yours out post what you found.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts