The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting the Quadzilla Boost fooler but I have a few questsions. First a little info about my truck. I have an 06 and a BD with the Crazy Larry tune. I have an aftermarket intake and will be installing a new exhaust soon.

Does is really work?
What should I expect to gain performance wise?
Effect on EGT's?
I do not have head studs, should I worry about that? Head gasket problems?
Do I need to worry about valve springs?
Anything else I should know or be concerned with?

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
169 Posts
If you just have the Crazy Larry, Intake, and Exhaust you wont have anything to worry about. I was running that same set up but when i stacked the edge then i was hitting 42-45 lbs. of Boost which is ok but i wouldnt get over that bc then you have to worry about head gaskets and studs. It does truly work. Although the Edge has one built into it, i tried a buddies when i just had the Crazy Larry and it gave me 4 more lbs. No need to worry about valve springs. How much smoke are getting?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hey it does work, you might gaing about 40-50 HP out of it but it will help keep EGT's in control. I was running one with my CL before i switched to the smarty, now i dont need the fooler anymore, if you need it, ill sell it to you. PM me if you are interested.

When i had it i could hit 45 psi. Nothing to worry about. I ran at 50 psi all day and never had a problem with the stock head bolts.

·
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JD5.9L said:
If you just have the Crazy Larry, Intake, and Exhaust you wont have anything to worry about. I was running that same set up but when i stacked the edge then i was hitting 42-45 lbs. of Boost which is ok but i wouldnt get over that bc then you have to worry about head gaskets and studs. It does truly work. Although the Edge has one built into it, i tried a buddies when i just had the Crazy Larry and it gave me 4 more lbs. No need to worry about valve springs. How much smoke are getting?

It smokes pretty decent on crazy larry when I go to WOT. It's pretty cool! I definitely leave a cloud behind me but once my RPM's come up the smoke stops.

·
Registered
699 Posts
the smoke stops cuz your boost goes up and you have enough air to burn off the excess fuel.

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
169 Posts
Listen to Bill. HE'S THE 7sec MAN!!!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
JD5.9L said:
Listen to Bill. HE'S THE 7sec MAN!!!!
LMAO....:nitrous:

·
Its Cute Aint it!!