The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I be Architect'n
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have, or know anyone who has, run one of these. Not the Commander, but the fuel pressure kit. I think it would be handy for the low pressure side of the fuel system, especially w/ cold veggy oil. Here's the link:

http://www.quadzillapower.com/products/commander.html

·
1,726 Posts
I've got it on my truck. What would you like to know.

By the way I just got around to hooking up the ICP readout that the Fuel Pressure kit comes whith. It's cool to see how it differes between chip positions!

·
I be Architect'n
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How hard is it to install, and what gets installed?
I wanted to confirm it does the low pressure side, and do you think it's worth it.

·
1,726 Posts
I put an entire fuel system on my truck and needed a guage to set the pressure regulator any way so that is why I bought it. A fuel pressure gauge is not totally necessary for every day use but it can make diagnosing problems quick.

Any way here is a pic of the pressure sender that you will have to install. It has 1/8" pipe thread and reads pressure from 0 to 100 psi.

The HPOP pressure reading or "ICP" is derrived from the ICP sensor on the truck. The instructions were really vauge on which wire to "TAP" into for this reading but I was able to find the correct one and it seems to work great.

·
14 Posts
I bought that fuel pressure kit but haven't got around to installing it yet. But I agree the directions are kind of vague for some one who knows just enough to be dangerous! So what wire do you tap. Where would you mount the pressure sender if you don't have that fancy regulator? Oh BTW my truck is a early '99 (if it matters) stock except for the basics...exhaust, DP-Tuner, Tymar and the Commander is in already.

·
1,726 Posts
The SD trucks have a plug in the back of the fuel bowl that can be removed and an adapter such as this (bottom of the page) can be used to adapt to 1/8" pipe threads.

The high pressure oil psi will be read from the ICP sensor. I would have to do some checking on what color the wire is that needs to be "tapped" in to on a 99 but mine was Dark brown with a green trace.

·
14 Posts
Oh cool...Thanks Looks like I have something to do now when it warms up. I'll see if my ICP wire is the same color. It is 8F right now and down to -12F. Cooooold. Or squeeze it into the garage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts