The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using a Quadzilla Commander for my guages. however, i am using an overboost annihilator and since you tap into the map sensor for the boost, i am getting an incorrect boost reading. the highest i've seen is 18 psi and with what i have in my truck, i was told i should be seeing more like 26-28 psi. anyone know how to fix this?? :shrug: any help would be great...

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Since the commander reds the MAP sensor that is exactly what you getting up to the MAP as far as boost.

Your options is to remove the overboost annihilator and deal with an over boost condition when it occurs to get accurate reading with the commander.

I am not sure there is a fix when you are reading what the PCM is seeing.

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is what i was afraid of... just figured i would check anyways... thanks for the info.

·
I be Architect'n
351 Posts
Quadzilla is supposed to be bringing to market an analog boost insert for the commander pretty soon, atleast this was what Quadzilla said about 1 month ago.

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks... i'll make sure to keep an eye out for it.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
ya, i hope they get that out...also the fuel pressure fitting....cuz my FP fluctuates a lot and i think im actually boosting about 2-3 lbs higher than what my commander is saying....quadboenker should chime in and let us know!

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
There is a fix for the fuel pressure kit. You just need a hard connection from the fuel bowl to the sending unit. I have the fittings if you need them.

·
140 Posts
We actually finished the analog boost sensor. We are now waiting on production units and we have to put some finishing touches on the update for it. This will allow you to read 0-102psi.

That is the only way I know how to get around the boost issue on the 7.3L with the mechanical boost foolers.

Fuel pressure should be good to go!

·
140 Posts
Oh yeah......the 6 position Chip Adapters are done. All is well with them and the update is complete and should be on the website next week. I think the wiring adapters are about a week out as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts