The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for all you duramax guys. My buddy is looking at a 03 chevrolet 2500. He told me that it has the Edge juice in it. My question is, is the edge a good tuner on the duramax engines? or should he take this off?? I know for the fords there is a-lot of talk about this is not the best to use. Also is there any problems that anyone has had with this year of pickup? Thanks a bunch guys!! :woot:

·
TDG Junior Mafia #61
622 Posts
Its ok, the edge has had its problems with the duramax but its an OK tuner, if he wants something reliable, he should something like a DiabloSport Predator

·
Nasty Girl
580 Posts
Edge is a good product power wise, however I had issues back in the day with the pin connectors. :damnit

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the edge hard on the tranny or anything like that? Its stock exhaust on the truck too.

·
188 Posts
I have an 03 GM with 4"exhaust and intake. I've had the Edge for over 2 years and run it on level 4 and have never had a problem (knock on wood). I like it and have been brave enough to run it on level 5 a few times and as long as you let the tranny cool down between "runs" it should be ok. 5th gear is the gear i've heard about slipping but i usually dont get to 5th and still on it hard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.