The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I know this is a Diesel-Truck Forum and all, But I found an 89 Honda 250R for $6,000 (I know it sounds high but he said the frame alone cost him around $10,000)

Here's the goods:(From my 30 min walk-around)
Chassis and Frame:
OMF 1'-1/2" Aluminum Tubular Frame, Laeger +2" A-Arms, OMF +2" Aluminum Swingarm, +4"Excalibar Axle, Ohlins Shocks all around, Douglas Beadlocks w/Holeshots, Pro Taper Bars, Sidewinder Chain & Sprocket, New Plastic (No Decals yet),OMF Nerfs,Bumper and Heelguards.

Engine:
310cc Stroker Kit, Ported,Polished and Blueprinted,OMF Fatty Pipe & Silencer, V-Force Reed, and a Domed Head (Only runs on 110 Octane)...

Will get Pics soon, Its been sitting in his shop for 2 years. He hasn't ridden it since he broke his back in a car accident, Thought he would keep it around until he got better. I guess he is hard up for money and wants to sell. If I don't buy it he's putting it on Ebay with a Reserve of $6,500.

What do yall think?? Good deal or not??

·
Mafia #42
3,646 Posts
:nopics
sounds like a pretty decent deal based on the extent of the mods to it. How does it run, i dont mean speed wise but like the actual engine running. Other than that it sounds like a decent deal to me. Some one sold a stock 250R on ebay 2-3 weeks ago for like 3 grand so i would say try it see what happens

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
250r's are nasty quads thats all i got to say, there fast as hell, for 6k thats a steal

·
TDG Singles Club #112
565 Posts
Man if I had the money I would drop it on a bike like that in a heartbeat. I would love to have a FAST 250R.:grd

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*Update* PICS!!!

It's an "LRD" Frame and Swingarm, not an OMF (Don't know where I came up with that?? :damnit) Complete "LAEGER" front end It has OMF Beadlocks and maybe thats where the mixup came from.

He said it is a Clone of Bill Ballances 2002-03 Quad and he's got over 23,000 in it. It also comes with enough spare parts to build another 250r (Even a Frame and Motor)

·
Registered
505 Posts
definitly get it! 250R" s are badass and that one has alot of $$$$$$$$$ into it. so its worth it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
the t-pin a-arms are worth over $2500 alone.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Buy It!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
buy it befor some else does

·
HOSS PERFORMANCE
248 Posts
i would say you are getting your moneys worth even if you never raced it, anything in a 4stroke NEW will run you $6000 and that looks to be as close to new as they get.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know. Man, Decisions...Decisions.

Here is my predicament, I need 2 quads. One for me, One for the lady. Before I ran into this I was hell bent on getting a new Raptor 700 for me and a YFZ 450 for her (She is a very experienced ATV'r).

Now with this in my face, I don't think I want the Raptor anymore. And now that the new KFX-450 is coming out I don't know if I want the Yammi-450 anymore!!

I'm driving myself CRAZY!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
thats an easy one- get the 250r and an 07 honda trx 450r and never look back! imo hondas are more reliable than the others

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
get the 250r and a new 450 suzuki yamaha honda or kawi they will all be good machines

·
TDG Mafia Member # 37
901 Posts
You could always snag the 250R , and then sell it for more than you're paying. That is one nice quad though and worth every cent he is asking. Gene :mafia

·
Registered
304 Posts
Snag the 250R... Part some pieces out and then Get ahold of me for some other NICER parts (at a discount) for the rest of the quad and make yourself a few "Gs" off it and then get yourself a few more HONDAs..... :woot:

And i have a nice 06 450ER for sale ... and you can get a 450R kick start if you want and you and your wife will look soooo cute..... :Thumbup:

That is a nice 250R btw.... And if it is trying to be a BB Clone he missed quite a few steps.... i have riden BBs YELLOW 250R that a buddy of mine has.... IT IS STUPID FAST and i have been on some of the fastest quads in the WOODs.... :bow:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts