The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My uncle asked me about a chip for his cummins. He has an '01 3500 (I think) with the camper package (that's what he calls it). Anyways, he asked about a Diablo Sport chip. As you can see in my sig, I have a PSD so I wanted to refer to the guys who actually drive the 24 valve Cummins. The chip is used and he can get it for like 200 bucks. Is it worth the money or not? I'd appreciate any input. Thanks.
-Kyle

·
Registered
157 Posts
hersh211 said:
Hello all,
My uncle asked me about a chip for his cummins. He has an '01 3500 (I think) with the camper package (that's what he calls it). Anyways, he asked about a Diablo Sport chip. As you can see in my sig, I have a PSD so I wanted to refer to the guys who actually drive the 24 valve Cummins. The chip is used and he can get it for like 200 bucks. Is it worth the money or not? I'd appreciate any input. Thanks.
-Kyle
if he doesnt want a big hp chip the diblo is a good deal that is safe to run wi out gauges, and for the price should make him happy, i had one

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
I aint a 24v guy but one of my good local diesel buddies is, and he runs the edge thats adjustable 1-5, whichever one that is. It is a sweet programmer IMO, as riding around with him, its nice to see he has plenty of added power on levels 1-3 or so, then if he wants smoke he can tap a button once or twice and get all the smoke he wants...

Though have to add he has one other fuel adder, bigger injectors.

Just my take on this situation, sorry I do not know more about programmers. Ill go back to my typewriter in my cave, while trying to figure out more mechanical power for myself. LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
bang for the buck you cant beat it the juice has lots of safety feathers but its more bang for a whole lot of buck if you have no gauges wouldn't sugest a whole lot more than that as far as fueling goes anyways

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, I forgot to mention that he doesn't have gauges and is completely stock. Also, he's not looking for big hp gain. Thanks for the replies. Any idea how much it will improve mpg, if at all?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
maybe a little, but he's gonna want to use the power if he has it so it'll probably hurt a little or stay the same, what 440 said, edge si adjustable on the fly, so it's real nice to have. P.S. guages are useful on a stock truck, it's a pretty good investment

·
1,189 Posts
I would say get the juice with attitude it has guages built in and can set alarms for fuel pressure etc. easily used and installed. I would also say he start using some 2stroke oil to lube the vp44 to keep it safe. 5power levels to 120hp and you can add the hotunlock code for a 6th

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
cajuncummins said:
look at edge, they're to dodge what sct is to ford, specifically the drag or comp
I agree... Edge Comp is about the best for Dodge... But they are not cheap... About $600...

Take a look at my signature... My bombs list are links to my web pages...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts