The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so ive been running the regular 250HP tune for a while
whats the difference when i put it on the 250HP EGR Delete tune?
Good, Bad?
Better Gas Milage?

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one lol?
on the dashdaq it shows a 250hp tune and a 250hp egr delete tune
whats the differences?
whats the effects?
gas millage better?

·
142 Posts
You got me, I thought all the race tunes disabled the EGR. My dosen't show a seperate EGR tune.

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i thought too
but then i seen where ive got a seperate tunes that say "EGR OFF"
and i know forsure one is the 250HP Tune
ive got the 275 and 310 tunes and they dont say it
but i have one 250HP Tune and one 250HP EGR Off tune
anyone know whats up lol?

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump, any help?

·
393 Posts
It is my understanding that the standard 250 tune turns off the EGR valve but does cycle the valve (at idle) to keep it from eventually "sticking" closed, which could be a problem if you load the stock tune in the event that you have to take the truck in for warranty work or for emissions testing.

I assumed that the 250 EGR "off" either does not offer the cycling of the EGR valve or is for trucks that the entire EGR system has been removed or has had EGR-block plates installed.

·
FukeneH
197 Posts
It is my understanding that the standard 250 tune turns off the EGR valve but does cycle the valve (at idle) to keep it from eventually "sticking" closed, which could be a problem if you load the stock tune in the event that you have to take the truck in for warranty work or for emissions testing.

I assumed that the 250 EGR "off" either does not offer the cycling of the EGR valve or is for trucks that the entire EGR system has been removed or has had EGR-block plates installed.
X2 send jeff PM just to comfirm, but as far as i understand truck is spot on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts