The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goin to pull my truck for the first time in chaffee, ny. I was wondering if it is safe to use the 275hp tune without water/meth or should I play it safe and run the 250. Also my truck is a automatic so what gear should I run in? And what tire pressure should I run. Thanks guys. Any info would be great

·
Registered
639 Posts
275 worked great for me...put it in D and ease out till it starts moving then mash it and stop when they wave the flag.

·
Wyoming Cowboy
157 Posts
Pahrump,

You ran in 4 hi as well, not 4 low - correct?

Thanks,

·
55 Posts
You want the biggest tune you got. The pull will only run 10-15sec so your motor will be fine.

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks alot for the info guys. gonna run the 275 in 4hi. I'd run the 310 if I had it. Any idea when it will be ready for release?

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
i will defend him by saying when bad super went it was muddy when i went the track was pretty good,

He ran in the unlimited class because of his weight too, but im pretty sure the wieght transfered the same all day...

But thanks, i hope to do the same this weekend :thumbsup

·
105 Posts
hey i was just wondering if you knew what kind of exhaust that the other truck had on it in the video? i wanted mine to sound like it.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
^^^ yup what he said, i have duals he has single thats why it sounds different. in person though they sound about the same

·
370 Posts
I pulled 362 feet lastnite here in IL. I used 4-low takin off in 3rd. Converter locked, had plenty of power still. I'll try to post a video

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
I dont mean to start a pizzin match over this, but i would think that you would want 4hi and 1st or second gear, the planetaries in the transmission are much bigger in the lower gears like 1st and 2nd, and im betting that the gear ratio is close to the same... but i may be wrong

At any rate great pull! Get that video up, did you win?

·