The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

I know some people on occasion are having trouble with head gaskets etc. I am wondering if with the street tune you guys are WOT on occasion to 75+ and not having to worry about it. How hard do you drive on a regular basis and is your main guide your gauges? Thanks for info.

Mark

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
should be fine...especially just running on the street file. Lot of people run race files everyday!

·
571 Posts
I run ID's street tune daily. Mostly pretty easy driving, but i'm always ready for somebody to pull along side so I can show them what it feels like to get spanked by a 3/4 ton truck.
Lately i've noticed that on a WOT long pull like you're talking about, it will puke sometimes. I don't have the EGR shut off on my tune, but I think i'm going to have it done and i'm going to block it off too.
Otherwise it's a great daily driver and you can still tow moderate loads without much worry.

·
57 Posts
Like Redneck, I run the ID Extreme Street full time and without a problem one. When I bought my SCT I was thinking like many of us did " i'll use the street tune for a little hop and maybe I won't see the pump so often" YEA RIGHT! first day extreme tune in and the others are asleep in their cozy little microchip...........Race tune coming soon to a PC near me..........

·
3,306 Posts
I've got ID's street, X-street and X-race tunes on my SCT. The street is curently loaded into the truck. For the most part i'm pretty easy on the truck until some idiot gives me a reason to waste 'em. Drag raced a couple of 7.3's with TS's 6-postition chip and they were breathin my 6.0's smoke. So the street tune is a pretty safe to tune!

·
130 Posts
Knock on wood I've been testing mine out for a few months now, and I haven't had any trouble out of it yet except spinning tires at about 20mph beside a cop. When I bought my truck the previous owner had an Edge juice with attitude, they had the turbo replaced, when I got it it had a busted intercooler, bad egr cooler and glow plug o-rings. Once I got all this replaced and my coolant tank puked back down to min, I haven't had any trouble and it runs great.

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just emailed my strategy to them damn UPS truck was late. I hope they read emails Friday evenings :)
:smoke
Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts