The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

When you guys are running the SCT and decide to race either on the track or at a stoplight, are you using 4 wheel drive or just 2? I wasn't sure it 4 wheel drive is harder on the truck. Thanks for info.

Mark

·
313 Posts
When I'm racing light to light. I run in 2 wheel drive. Never tried running in 4 wheel drive. I'm guessing the only advantgage would be I'd get a better jump instead of spinning tires. But I'm not sure how or if it would affect the 4 wheel drive system or not.

norcuron said:
Hi,

When you guys are running the SCT and decide to race either on the track or at a stoplight, are you using 4 wheel drive or just 2? I wasn't sure it 4 wheel drive is harder on the truck. Thanks for info.

Mark

·
963 Posts
If I know I've got them, I use 2WD, and roll into the throttle.

If I think its going to be a race, I use 4WD, and power brake.:woot: Haven't hurt anything yet.:Thumbup:

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
LokiWolf said:
If I know I've got them, I use 2WD, and roll into the throttle.

If I think its going to be a race, I use 4WD, and power brake.:woot: Haven't hurt anything yet.:Thumbup:

:agreed:

i alwasy stay in 2wd on the street unless the speed limit is at least 55 or if i dont think its gonna be an easy kill! i get goin too fast too fast in 4wheel! :sly:
ALSO a lot of the trucks that go to the track a lot have launched many many times....

·
Registered
537 Posts
You run that thing at the track:pointlaugh ...lol
heinzboy said:
I run in 4x4 at the track. Usually I will run 2wd on the street.

·
511 Posts
if i think it will be an easy race 2 wd, if its gonna be pretty even then ill put it in 4wd and build the boost up till i cant keep my truck from creeping forward

·
3,306 Posts
When i'm at the track i always put it in four wheel drive. My times at the track in the 1/8 mile were in the 8.9's. And that was with the edge. Now that i have the SCT, eric at ID said the times will be faster yet. When i race from light to light i end up sitting there frying the tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts