The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m trying to get the bugs worked out on my new xcal with custom tunes from elite. When you are going to change a a new tune from a old tune thats already on the tuner , do you just re-write over it ,or do you erase the tune first and then install the new one?

·
6,337 Posts
Are you wanting to load a new tune into the Tuner or into your truck? Not sure what you are asking?

·
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I`m talking about downloading a tune off of the computer into the tuner itself. Tadd emailed me 3 tunes . I downloaded them onto the tuner and then ran them tried them out on my truck My transmission shifted funny with the first set of tunes , so they sent me a new set of tunes , so instead od deleating the tunes off of the tuner it`s self I just rerote over them on the computer. The second set of tunes made my transmission shift even worse. I`m trying to figure if I messed up when I downloaded the tunes from the computer to the xcal2 it`s self. Hope I made this a little clearer?!

·
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay! Thats what I did. My transmission wants to shift up and down alot mainly in city driving. If I shut off the overdrive it works a little better.

·
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the link , good info there! When I put my truck back to stock it shifts fine. So it`s something with the tunes. I don`t have a huge lift only a rubicon express 6.5" lift with 37 " toyo mt tires and i have 4.30 gears instead of the stock 3.73 gears, I do have my speedo corrected with superlits truspeed , they are trying to write tunes to work for my set up, but something just not working right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts