The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anyone have the same problem I do. On the bottom of the doors that rubber seal, is their any way that I can tighten up the seal against the inside of the cab? Im getting gravel and a little mud in between the doors. I know I did with my 06 but I thought I would see if anyone had any ideas on sealing it up a little better. I have like a 1//16" gap in between where it meets when the door is closed right now. On my other one, I just made sure to hit the inside with the pressure washer every time I went to wash my truck. Is that pretty much the only thing a person can do?

Thanks guys! btw, these trucks are really sweet! only had it for a week and I love the thing:rock

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Matt and Don (sprman and Bushpilot) Have done sometihng, i forget what they call it. Quite cab mod or something like that. PM Don and he can tell you about it.

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bud!

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
you take 1/4" (i believe) clear tubing from lowes and feed through the hole in the rubber weather stripping... It will make a huge difference...

·
5,365 Posts
there are TWO seals on the door...
one that goes around the ENTIRE LENGTH of the door (top, bottom & sides)
there is another SMALL length of (inverted V) that provides a WEAK mud barrier.

Aaron has described the door seal mod as well as anyone can.

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I remember hearing about the tubing idea. I'll have to try it. If not, I always get inside the doors at the car wash.

·
477 Posts
you take 1/4" (i believe) clear tubing from lowes and feed through the hole in the rubber weather stripping... It will make a huge difference...
did this on my 05 and it works great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts