The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
illadvised and dangerous
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running the spartan archive tunes for a while now started with gen street then proceeded to ase and am now using hybrid race now that I have gauges. I was wondering if there is a better tune than this? Worth investing in for a daily driver. I like the throttle response I like the acceleration that I don't have to get it to kick down to pass etc. The only issue with the tune seems to be the amount of smoke it makes if I step down on it till it upshifts or the turbo catches up. I don't mind the smoke but don't really want to get attention from the local barney fifes. So far to day I have not studded the truck and I assume it isn't studded as I have had it since 83k. Now 103k. I have no issues with coolant loss or puking and the truck runs like a champ. The ase file has less than half the smoke but also less power. The hybrid is just a fantastic tune mild performance till you get about half pedal then anything more and the coal starts and the train I'd comming.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
is this when the TC locks up? Race files do take some getting used to for everyday driving.. best bet is to back it off a tad, take a step down to i think is a 130hp tune, that is a great file.. the hybrid hates my truck.

·
illadvised and dangerous
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought so to. The tc locking up is what I like about it. I am nervous around the troopers mainly just don't care for them to screw with me as the legal system starts to crack down on diesels. Also wondering if I have missed something as most say that the hybrid race is extremely close to other tuners. I haven't wanted to invest in a tune that isn't going to do much of anything different.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
My looney from DJ and the Hybrid are night and day different.. :five I run the looney every day unless im towing then the truck goes to stock if its a big load or a small tow file if its light.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
The money to have a tune written is most of the time best, they will tweak it to your liking..

·
illadvised and dangerous
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is dj still tuning? I have read the rcd does its tuning similar to spartan. What I like about the tunes I run is simple. I like the throttle response. I like the passing ability. I know all of the tuners do this. I would rather not have a tune that is great on just the top end or a tune that is great on the low end. I would rather have a driveable tune that is quick gives decent milage and dosent fall flat on its face

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
I would rather have a driveable tune that is quick gives decent milage and dosent fall flat on its face
Sounds just like my Tony Wildman street tune.....

·
illadvised and dangerous
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i will see if i can get ahold of him (tony wildman) im pretty sure he has alot on his plate but i would like to as a few q and see what he comes up with

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
4,006 Posts
Is dj still tuning? I have read the rcd does its tuning similar to spartan. What I like about the tunes I run is simple. I like the throttle response. I like the passing ability. I know all of the tuners do this. I would rather not have a tune that is great on just the top end or a tune that is great on the low end. I would rather have a driveable tune that is quick gives decent milage and dosent fall flat on its face
Yep they do Evan tuned for spartan before RCD

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Yes Dj is still tuning, that's all they do and not every day, they do it to keep the customer base and people happy.

·
775 Posts
I run the Agreesive Street tune from Eric at Innavative. I use it as my everyday tune and am very happy with it. It gets good MPGs and pulls stonger then a street tune. I prefer this tune over the extreem street tune because the EGT's are lower. This tune is a point and puch it tune. You don't have to worry about the EGT's or anything. When I remove my cat I will run my Extreem Street tune all the time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts