The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok thinking of getting a dmax what is the best year to get i would like to make 500hp. i have a 500hp dodge 6speed and i am tired of a slow truck .i wont a fast truck thanks.:bang

·
Registered
557 Posts
Buy what you can afford. All generations will easily make 500 hp without going inside the engine. Just dyno'd a LLY at 900 hp this weekend on a Superflow.

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
06/07 LBZ. Less emissions equipment and the price will be better.

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
:whs

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
I don't think your problem is the brand of truck. I think it's your transmission choice.
An automatic trans is a marriage made in heaven for a turbodiesel because it shifts faster than a person can. This keeps the RPMs and the turbo spooled up and boost higher than shifting a manual trans. This makes the truck more efficient for racing.

Look at the tests Allison does against manual trans trucks. Even amateur drivers in an allison equipped truck can beat experienced drivers in an equal powered manual trans truck.

An allison equipped 250HP dumptruck can beat my 250 HP manual equipped dumptruck in a race.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
I agree with Duke, but the 06/07 LBZ will make you 500hp with EFI Live, FASS, and Suncoast stage3, as well as an upgraded CP3 or dual fuelers

Reactions: Duke

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree with Duke, but the 06/07 LBZ will make you 500hp with EFI Live, FASS, and Suncoast stage3, as well as an upgraded CP3 or dual fuelers
An 06/07 can do all this with just a trans-go, and EFI Live! Maybe a lift pump as well.

At least I hope so as I am shooting for this on the weekend in GP!!:wiggle

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
you can chance it but RIPMF666 cracked 2 pistons running his like that.... i would definately look into CP3 upgrades, and a Suncoast Kit...... the transgo would be good for a little while but the converter is gona blow sooner rather than later....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts