The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found what may be a deal on an early 07 3500 cab & chassis with the 6.7. I have not seen the truck - it is located 4 hours away. Truck is the extended frame, DRW, reg cab, 6.7 with a 6 speed manual trans. Dealer faxed me the window sticker.
Here are my questoins

1) No exhaust brake - from searching here it looks as if this option is a wire harness and some programing. Salesman was not 100% sure. Is this correct?

2) Did the early 07's not have the (hated)regen system? The window sticker does not list a "Clean Diesel" as the later ones that I have seen.

3) My guess is that this is a pre 01/01/07 truck. Are the early 07's plauged with the new product issues, or does this sound like a good deal? Any updates I should have done before delivery?

Thanks for the help.

·
990 Posts
Blue Coyote said:
1) No exhaust brake - from searching here it looks as if this option is a wire harness and some programing. Salesman was not 100% sure. Is this correct?
there's more to a exhaust brake than wiring. On average... they run around $1200

2) Did the early 07's not have the (hated)regen system? The window sticker does not list a "Clean Diesel" as the later ones that I have seen.
the early 07's are just that and are the 5.9's. The 6.7's are considered 07.5's If you are looking at a 6.7, yes it has the particulate filter w/ regen

3) My guess is that this is a pre 01/01/07 truck. Are the early 07's plauged with the new product issues, or does this sound like a good deal? Any updates I should have done before delivery?
the exhaust brake is a nice option. Make sure it has a block heater and cord if you need that, have the dealer tell you what option can be turned on or off through the computer ( they would change anything there in a Starscan ), you my also want to be sure it comes with a LSD

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought a different one, and the first one had 3.73 gears.
Found a mid year 07 C&C 6 speed manual with some more options (cloth seats, exhaust brake, full size, spare, 4.10, limited slip, some chrome trim, trailer prep, "Clean Diesel Engine"). Made a stupid low offer to the local dealer - and they took it, and got the to go 0% as well!

Took it home, mounted the 5th wheel hitch and towed the toyhauler to Primm for the BITD Terrible Town 250. That 6.7 is a mule - did not even feel the trailer back there and did 50+ up Mountain Pass (both ways). Then down to Lk Elsinore for the M4SX series. Got 9.7 round trip

Added bonus - my son won the MMR / BITD TrophyKart J2 race and took 2nd at M4SX!

Only thing this truck needs is the flat bed, some gauges and cruise control.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts