The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Nitro Lab Rat
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to change out the stock exhaust to something that will let the truck breath, but I have to keep the noise and drone levels to a minimum to please mamma and the kids on the long trips. I would prefer turbo back but will consider cat back. Any suggestions?

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
do an aftermarket preferably 4" turbo back mbrp, get ridda the kitty and keep the muffler on it that it came with :) and get a 6" tip, skip the 5" tip, and get the 6" WAY COOLER! :)

·
1,291 Posts
when normally recomend a turbo back magnaflow when you want it quiet and keep the cat wil help with drone.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I just put on a Aeroturbine before the holidays. 3 1/2 in and out. Truck seems to like it. Sounds just a tad louder than stock but not offensive. Picked up a little fuel mileage also. It is the model with the resonator. :Thumbup: :usflag

·
Nitro Lab Rat
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
banksforddiesel99 said:
do an aftermarket preferably 4" turbo back mbrp, get ridda the kitty and keep the muffler on it that it came with :) and get a 6" tip, skip the 5" tip, and get the 6" WAY COOLER! :)
Do you have a wav file of how it sounds inside the cab you can send me?

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
its not much louder than stock going down the road cruising, hardly notice a difference at all till you get on it and it downshifts and revs to 4k, and it is louder at idle, but no where near as loud as being straight piped. i have some vids on youtube of the truck outside revving

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been considering the Corsa Cat-back exhaust because they claim to eliminate the drone and drop the cruising decibels. It is a more expensive unit though, but I'd still check it out.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have a muffler delete pipe, and its not bad, as long as your foot is not deep in the throttle, I still have the cat in there, the turbo helps with the sound. Im sure that you will behappy witch ever system you choose. Keep in mind the delete pipe cost less than $50 installed, and is easy to remove. Good Luck!

·
Nitro Lab Rat
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all. I think I'll go with a MBRP 4" turbo back system keeping the kitty, muffler and my wife.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts