The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, for 2007 Grand Rock is looking at offering our QP muffler inserts for the stacks in our stack kits. These mufflers have done very well with the Class 7 and 8 trucks, with keeping noise levels down, helping with fuel milaged, and also some with performance. Now the question is, how many of you would use these inserts? They would definatly quite the exhaust, which many wifes would like, but when you get on them really sound throaty and mean. So we are looking for some feed back, what do you all think?

·
1,386 Posts
I think quiet stacks would be great. I want to get a set of stacks but the noise, especially when towing, has kept me from getting them. Let us know if you do make them. I'll have to talk the other half into letting get a set.

·
General Contractor
518 Posts
I think it is a good Idea. The main reason I haven't gotten stacks is because I have heard how they sound on the innerstate.

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the inserts, it will definatly keep the sound down, but give you the look you want! Keep the feed back comming guys, because we are seariously considering offering this for our customers! Any of my distributors, call me if you want your cost on these parts!

·
838 Posts
I am definatly interested, but what would the price be?? I need to quiet my stacks down....

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cost would depend on the distributor. Prices may vary, but the price will be for a SET of these inserts.

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
crzycowboy said:
Ok, for 2007 Grand Rock is looking at offering our QP muffler inserts for the stacks in our stack kits. These mufflers have done very well with the Class 7 and 8 trucks, with keeping noise levels down, helping with fuel milaged, and also some with performance. Now the question is, how many of you would use these inserts? They would definatly quite the exhaust, which many wifes would like, but when you get on them really sound throaty and mean. So we are looking for some feed back, what do you all think?

Josh is this something new? Or is this what you already had but now putting them in with the kits?

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We offer longer ones for the class 7 and 8 trucks. But with tryin' to keep up with the "competition" with the stack kits now, we wanted to do something NO one else can do. So we are going to make the same inserts about 20" long or so, so they can be used in our stacks.

·
838 Posts
whats the time frame on availability of these?

·
4,024 Posts
Josh, are these removable without a big hassel?

·
201 Posts
Sounds like a great idea, I know I would be interested. Any idea on how much quiter these would be in relation to other stacks, and stock exhaust.

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, we are hoping these will be availble by Feburary or March, maybe sooner. They have to be bolted in the stack, so if you remove them, you will have 2 mounting holes on each stack wide open and shootin' soot out them! They will be much quieter then a straight pipe system, I hope I will get some DB numbers when I do my next dyno day. You can go here to see what they will sorta look like.

http://www.grpipes.com/qpmufflersdual.asp

Mind you the link will show you what the heavy duty ones look like.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts