The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to bragg alittle bit, the race truck to the left of this post, last night ran a 12.86 1/4 mile time at 103mph. Anybody want there truck to do that come talk to me. Had to add a torque locker at the track to get there, but we added it so we could beat the duramax we where racing. Thanks for letting me bragg alittle, and if have any questions about the truck send me message.

·
1,055 Posts
:Thumbup: nice job, congrats:popcorn:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Golden!!!
Dhawk Htstransmissions.com

·
Registered
39 Posts
What turbo?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got to add alittle. On friday night the 19th we ran a 12.69sec 1/4 mile. Stock turbo and stock injector pump.

·
4,158 Posts
that's a really nice truck:Thumbup: and great times too, do you have a auto tranny or what in that thing?:shrug:

·
aka Stroked X
268 Posts
damm those are soem good times and that truck is sweet.

Sukhi

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
very nice looking truck, good times to, how much NOS?
robert
out

·
3,514 Posts
alldiesels said:
how much NOS?
Thats an awesome time. That seems like an awful lot of fuel for a stock turbo, but what the hell, if you aren't daily driving the truck, who cares if you eventually melt it. Seems like you'd have to be running quite a bit of something other than #2 though. Do you have a cam in there?
Sean

·
not here much
302 Posts
:HappyMugs Congrats on the nice times!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No cam and no NOS. Just have the right balance of boost and fuel, but we are going to put a schied injector pump and super40 turbo on it soon.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Right on. How much does the truck weigh?

·
3,514 Posts
That is really impressive. We ran an '01 with Mach 4's, a PDR hotrod 40, and a HRVP 44, and a drag comp and our best time was 13 flat at well above 1600*. and that was a regular cab. I wouldn't think those big injectors you have could be cleared up by a stock turbo. But I guess you don't know until you've tried it.
Sean

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The truck wieghs 6000lbs. and the stock turbo does clear up the big injectors, the truck smokes like crazy but it is cool to watch. We are bringing the truck to the diesel drag nationals on june 24 25 26 in Indy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts