The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i'm in a race with a buddy of mine and im curious to how im going to do. I have and air in take striaght exhaust and a hot ppe+2 oh im lifted on 33's and he is running a ford f250 with an SCT and and airintake striaght exhaust stock turbo and i think maybe some injectors and he is geard 4.56 with 35's. what kinda 1/4 mile times u think he will run and what kind do u think i will run.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
you should run low 13's, and he might run mid 13's

Reactions: Red Smurf

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow you think i will run that fast? thats sweet i dunno i think now im going to feel a little happy causee he has all kinds of money in his truck compared to me! ha ha how come he is going to go so slow?

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I dont know about that, depends what size injectors hes running. And what SCT Tune. I think it could be close.

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
umm i just gave him a call he said he was running something from ERIC at innovative diesel tunes and his injectors are like industrial injectors he told me they were 225's but run like 190's

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
If he has Tunes from Eric and 225's he will beat you for sure. I think he will still win with 190's. Those tunes are pretty nice.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
i dunno, ppe hot +2 is 450 fly wheel, so you should be very close if not over 500hp, and your rig is approximately 1000lbs lighter, do you have a FASS or Airdog? you could also benefit from an upgraded CP3, as well as an upgraded Tranny, you could run 12's with that setup :thumbsup

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow 12's with just that(low mid or high)??. what do u think i would be into money wise with trans upgrade and fass? Cause id really like to beat him. He is picky on who he races so i wanna make sure when i race him he knows he up against a chevy!

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
wow 12's with just that(low mid or high)??. what do u think i would be into money wise with trans upgrade and fass? Cause id really like to beat him. He is picky on who he races so i wanna make sure when i race him he knows he up against a chevy!
That is very true, Chevy's are much lighter than the 6.0's. I guess it depends on how much you want to spend, new fuel pump and a new or built tranny gets pretty pricey. I dont know for sure but i think around 6 or 7,000. Im not a big duramax guy so im not sure. I think at this time both of you would have a pretty nice race. If you get some work done then youll beat him for sure. I love Fords but i know when a Ford cant beat a Chevy. :haha

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ha ha right on well i guess maybe ill just post pon the race then maybe someone can let me make payments on all that stuff. A friend his was tellin me he might at some "giggle gas"? i assume he means N2o. how do u think i would fair if he sprays that ford?

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
it will be a good race as is but if he sprays hes gonna take ya

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
ha ha right on well i guess maybe ill just post pon the race then maybe someone can let me make payments on all that stuff. A friend his was tellin me he might at some "giggle gas"? i assume he means N2o. how do u think i would fair if he sprays that ford?
If he's using juice too then he will destroy you. But if hes running Gas then im sure he has some motor work and possibly tranny work. Anything else he might be runnin?

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
That is very true, Chevy's are much lighter than the 6.0's. I guess it depends on how much you want to spend, new fuel pump and a new or built tranny gets pretty pricey. I dont know for sure but i think around 6 or 7,000. Im not a big duramax guy so im not sure. I think at this time both of you would have a pretty nice race. If you get some work done then youll beat him for sure. I love Fords but i know when a Ford cant beat a Chevy. :haha
Suncoast stage 3 kit is only $2300, if you know someone who can install it for free or a case of beer.. then your golden

i think an airdog will cost you about $400, industrial injection sells a modded cp3 for $1400 with a $700 core deposit

for under $5000 your running high to mid 12's, roughly:thumbsup:happymugs

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Suncoast stage 3 kit is only $2300, if you know someone who can install it for free or a case of beer.. then your golden

i think an airdog will cost you about $400, industrial injection sells a modded cp3 for $1400 with a $700 core deposit

for under $5000 your running high to mid 12's, roughly:thumbsup:happymugs
Man, thats a pretty good deal for a tranny.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Man, thats a pretty good deal for a tranny.
LOL thats just for the kit, not the install cost, notice how i said, if you can get someone to install it for free or beer? LOL i have no clue what it would cost to get a shop to put it in... $500,$1000? :fan

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok so i outta walk the dawg on this dude then! well if i get that tranny and fuel pump? and this is all if he isnt spraying?

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
If you get this done you will beat him w/o spray. If i wanted to do all that to my truck i know if would be around 6,000. you'd have fun with it though, thats for sure.

·
3,939 Posts
It would be a close race if you have the drivetrain to match the Hot+2.
Without a built trans and sleeves/braces on the IFS, you wont win.
You'll either limp the trans or bend a tierod on the boosted launch, esp with a lift.

Also, you posted this in multiple areas, but never tell us what year truck you run. I'm assuming you have an LBZ?

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It would be a close race if you have the drivetrain to match the Hot+2.
Without a built trans and sleeves/braces on the IFS, you wont win.
You'll either limp the trans or bend a tierod on the boosted launch, esp with a lift.

Also, you posted this in multiple areas, but never tell us what year truck you run. I'm assuming you have an LBZ?
Ya i posted it trying to get a faster responce.. but yes i have an LBZ.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
LBZ and LMM are sightly different animals, im not sure what the LMM boys have been able to do yet...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts