The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys took my F250 in for service for excessive leaking. Just got a call back from them saying they t hink it's from to much boost causing the much pressure for the bottle to handle. They want to keep the truck longer for more test. THen they ask what kind of tuner I'm running. LoL I said SCT I didn't lie so I told them it can't be that cause I'm just using the canned tunes for now. At the most I've seen the boost get to is about 50 psi. So I doubt that's what it is. Anyways they gave me crap that maybe the turbos are over boosting or some crap like that. Than the big "W" (warranty)word was said so then I told them just do what you guys have to do.

·
2,183 Posts
:fan

·
TDG #97
1,234 Posts
chags...

#1. Kudos for you being honest
#2. You are an Idiot for being honest
#3. There should be more people like you in the world
#4. I hope you like not having a warranty (cause you told the truth)
#5. If you would of told them you werent running a tuner there was no way they could see if you were
#6. Me>:slap<You

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Ford isnt stupid, they know when your building to much boost. Its not all that hard to tell. At least you were honest with them. If they void your warranty i would tell them they will never see my money again.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Ford isnt stupid, they know when your building to much boost. Its not all that hard to tell. At least you were honest with them. If they void your warranty i would tell them they will never see my money again.
Who says it was cuased by too much boosts...? there are how many tuned trucks that are pulling and probably running more boost than him that arent' having ANY problems?

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Who says it was cuased by too much boosts...? there are how many tuned trucks that are pulling and probably running more boost than him that arent' having ANY problems?
Thats what ford said.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Of course they are going to say that but can they prove it? I am not saying you are right or wrong just saying this isn't a problem even with heavily modified trucks so odds are the tuner/boost didn't cause it

·
163 Posts
Isn't this a problem on stock trucks as well? I threw the option out there for them to put a lower pressure cap on it, don't know if that will work, but possibly by venting sooner is would relieve the excess pressure sooner. I've already had 2 radiators, an upper and lower radiator hose replaced now. Now thats all fixed...the damned thing is just puking it out the top of the bottle now. I'm sure it will sprout another leak soon.

My theory is that these things are their own cause of coolant leaks, it's building too much pressure combined with the heat and its causing the weak spots in the system to show sooner. I think they need an over flow bottle for the degas bottle, maybe then I won't have to buy so much coolant.

I've had problems both stock and tuned, and during very hot and very cold temps.

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah guys just got back from the dealer today. They are keeping it for another day to pressure test the system cause I insisted it was not the tuner. I went back and forth with the service rep, so I asked to speak to the service manager. I was able to convince them that it wasn't the thuner and that they should go over the truck again this time slowly and not just accuse the failure on the mods to the truck as soon as they see them. So wish me luck I'll find out tomorrow. Yes they say it cause of to much boost that is being produce by the tuner so if they come back with that I'll have to go back to 100% stock and try to make it puke again without any mods.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
In a situation like this. DENY DENY DENY. Then the burden of proof in on Ford.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hope you have some money saved for your head studs, and EGR replacement. LOL
theres three possibles here EGR COOLER, HEAD GASKET OR BOTTLE OVERFILLED NOT ALLOWING ENOUGH COOLANT EXPANTION ROOM... The tuner acually could have helped create the problem.. Overboost could of as well, lifting head causing coolant to be pressurized by compression.. You should have went back to stock before taking it to them..... GOOD LUCK Hope this info helps you out..:happymugs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts