The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the navigation system radio in my 11 F350, last night all of the sound expect base from the subwoofer died for a very short time, then came back. A few mins later the same thing happened and it stay that way. I only get sound out of the sub.

I got home and let the truck sit over night, tried it this morning and its still the same. I thought maybe it was from overheating since i had run the truck constantly for 4 days.

Any ideas? I heard that i can pull codes for the radio on other yr/models.

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did some research and there are separate fuses for the radio and the amp, im wondering if the amp is separate from the radio head or integral. The radio still has all of its functions, volume nav, sync and so on, just no sound expect from the sub. All fuses are fine. No codes present.

Called a few radio repair shops, they cant handle this unit. Ford said they have to send it out to get it fixed/swapped out. $800. Im working with Ford CS trying to get warranty even tho im way beyond milage its still only 11 months old.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Aftermarket time?

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From the research ive done this unit has a separate amp from the head unit. Sounds like a bad amp. Wondering if i can test this. And if i can get an after market amp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts