The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....I gotta know what the difference is.........

With the rail system, why are some mounted so the plate sits longways (horizontal) between the wheelwells, and some are mounted so the plate sits tallwise (vertical) between the wheelwells???????

Watcha know about this?

:bubbakevin:bubba

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dang........not too much traffic in this section.....what gives guys??????

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here is what I'm talking about.....the pic shows the rails mounted farter apart for the plate to be in vertically between the wheelwells......dont have a pic of it the other way, but mine is installed with less distance between the rails so the plate goes in long ways between the wheelwells........

wondering what the difference is in mounting????

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
Don't know. All the 5ths I ever put in were rigid to the FRAME with a hole (or holes) in the bed to the frame bracket(s).

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
come on guys....SOMEONE has to know the answer to this.......

·
1,224 Posts
The only difference I can think of is with your mounts being longer (ie parallel with rear end) it puts the pin weight more directly over the mounts under the bed closer to the trucks frame. I would think this is better for heavy pin weights. If the connection is like in your sample picture there would be a better chance for the rails to bend/flex with heavy pin weights being closer to the center between fenders. Being someone who has built a lot of equipment, that is the advantage I see, for Heavy pin weights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts