The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
284 Posts
Thanks been looking for that!

·
284 Posts
Will the standard shift be derated in power?

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
About freaking time! :woohoo

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
damn that is sexy!

·
750 Posts
Can they reflash my 07.5 and just pretend it is a 2011.

·
284 Posts
More H.P = more Exhaust brake power? Bigger turbo? So many questions!

·
Euro Sparky/ Wrencher
1,065 Posts
i wonder if Dodge is going to lose the manual shift like Ford and Chevy because its nice to have choices
It might due I heard the rumors as well but the big question is percentage wise of the total truck order with hand shaker VS the automatique transmisson.

If the hand shaker keep going downward trend it may go away just like what Ford and GM allready did it.

And I belive there is other reason that the automatique have much higher TQ/CV(HP) rating than handshaker is.

If they going to keep the handshaker I am not suprised they will find a way to jam in pretty large clutch disc or go with two disc set up to handle quite bit of toqure there. { IIRC 12.2 inches AFAIK unless they change the specs }

The other hand what it may be a stumbling block is the emmison requirement that may play in there as well.

Merci.
Marc

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
i wonder if Dodge is going to lose the manual shift like Ford and Chevy because its nice to have choices
That would be the dumbest decision EVER the only thing keeping them going is CUMMINS and a MANUAL period everything else sucks on a Dodge except the Exhaust Brake sometimes it works to much IMO.

·
3,533 Posts
When I read the article it was not a HP increase it was a torque increase and only under certain conditions. I believe the article also states the high output would not be available for the standards.

·
590 Posts
When I read the article it was not a HP increase it was a torque increase and only under certain conditions. I believe the article also states the high output would not be available for the standards.
This is a true statement. Trq rateings will go to 800lbs, but the hp will stay at 350. As for statment's on the manual tranny, dodge will be keeping the manual tranny. Reps for dodge claim they realize the importance of a manual tranny for many buyer's, specificly the 3500 and up market. I dont recall power rateings being raised for the manual tranny however. I also read where there will be a 3.73 and a 4.10 axle ratio avaiable for the 3500, instead of just one ratio like ford and gm. Kudos to dodge for giveing the buyer more drivetrain options...

·
Euro Sparky/ Wrencher
1,065 Posts
My 2011 (with the auto) is currently on order. It is scheduled to be shipped 2/24. Do you think I will get the upgraded CTD?
I am not sure but you can check with the dealer to find out but I doubt it unless they are retroactive simauir what the Ford done with their 6.7 V-8 motour.

Merci.
Marc

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
My 2011 (with the auto) is currently on order. It is scheduled to be shipped 2/24. Do you think I will get the upgraded CTD?
Its hard to say. They may do the upgrade for 2011.5s they may do it for 2011s built from a certain date.

·
4 Posts
Yeah, I kinda doubt it, too. I guess I may have to "settle" for 650#ft. LOL

Then again, I haven't read anything about a transition period. The website only talks about the upgraded motor - no mention of the previous version. Who knows?

One can only hope!

·
Euro Sparky/ Wrencher
1,065 Posts
Then I got the link from one magizine company which I get it pretty often and got confirmed details The CV ( HP ) rating will stay at 350 but will gain up to 46 CV at highway speed so let me post the link before it get out of the hand.

increase power rating for 6.7 Cummins engine

Hope that clear up couple details here.

Merci.
Marc

·
4 Posts
That article makes me think I will not get the upgraded motor. CRAP!

Then I got the link from one magizine company which I get it pretty often and got confirmed details The CV ( HP ) rating will stay at 350 but will gain up to 46 CV at highway speed so let me post the link before it get out of the hand.

increase power rating for 6.7 Cummins engine

Hope that clear up couple details here.

Merci.
Marc

1 - 20 of 34 Posts