The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the track Thursday night.. The last time I went there I ran a 14.2 that was with the stock charger and jammer injectors and comp. This last Thursday with bigger sticks and Aurora 5k turbo I ran a 13.1 at 102.7.. I was really glad after the money I spent on the Turbo and injectors.. What else can be done with out the JUICE to get in the high 12's though?????!
:shrug:

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
Do you have the drag upgrade on your comp? Maybe stack with a redline box?

·
4,158 Posts
What size sticks are you running? And I agree at least do the drag comp upgrade.

·
1,055 Posts
13's is pretty sweet, congrats.

·
3,514 Posts
those numbers aren't bad at all. you are running some pretty big sticks, i'll give you that, I'm guessin 180's or 200's. If you don't have the hot program on your comp box, like the others have said, get it. You are probably still pushing a bit of excess fuel I would imagine, so you could clear that up and gain time by either running twins or nitrous. If you want all diesel single turbo, you are going to have to do some fine tuning and playing around. There are possibilities though.
Congrats on the numbers,
Sean

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I currently have 185 extrude honed... I am wanting to upgrade to the Drag comp but have not got around to it yet.. I am thinking of adding a SMARTY just for more throttle response.. It smokes a lot when spooling the truck but as soon as I take off it clears up,, and Then when I go into 4th locked it will peg a 60 boost gauge.. There is more to come I hope???!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I currently have 185 extrude honed injectors... I am wanting to upgrade to the Drag comp but have not got around to it yet.. I am thinking of adding a SMARTY just for more throttle response.. It smokes a lot when spooling the truck but as soon as I take off it clears up,, and Then when I go into 4th locked it will peg a 60 pound boost gauge.. There is more to come I hope???!!

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
You could also add a tc lockup switch.

·
3,514 Posts
yeah, T/C lock up, a posi if your truck doesn't have an ASD, anti defueler, and the smarty. should do pretty well for ya.
Sean

·
not here much
302 Posts
Nice run!!!

So these anti defuelers like Scheids and the BD-RAD are worth it on a standard Comp box? Is it that significant of an increase? Why would one need one if they had the drap upgrade?

Sorry for the Q's, I just looking for more power too. :sly: But I need a trubo first.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a RAD module ( the Anti defueler) I have traction bars and a posi rear end.. But were can I get a tC lockup at.. ( for cheap anyway>!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Say I run a 13.1 with the anti defueler.. If I did not have it I would probably run 14's because you cant get all the fuel off the line

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yeah if you aren't running in 4hi, then start. I think you already are though.

-dan

·
3,514 Posts
Yeah, he's gotta be, with the amount of fuel he is running, if he weren't doing 4hi launches he'd still be high 14's.
Sean

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah I am definitly launching in 4hi I usually have about 20 to 22 psi boost when about to take off..

I need a tc lockup for 2nd gear and to make sure it locks in 3rd in 4th..

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah I am definitly launching in 4hi I usually have about 20 to 22 psi boost when Im about to take off..

I need a tc lockup for 2nd gear and to make sure it locks in 3rd in 4th..

·
3,514 Posts
Get a co-pilot from ATS or something of that nature, so that you can set lockup speed. I know you can adjust the co-pilot down to 18mph. The benefit of that vs. a lockup switch is that if you forget to unlock it, you can stall, co-pilot or a tow commander from BD or I think the DTT smart controller will all do that. I like how simple the co-pilot looks, but do some research and see which one you like best. Or you can go the lock-up switch route.
Sean

1 - 20 of 20 Posts