The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how the rapid cab heater option works? Does it work off of diesel fuel or off of battery voltage? Thanks.

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
I am pretty sure that it is electric. You need to opt for the larger altenator when you get that option.

·
24 Posts
Heater

Mower Man said:
Can someone tell me how the rapid cab heater option works? Does it work off of diesel fuel or off of battery voltage? Thanks.
Thought I read somewhere that it somehow uses heat from the transmission....?..

Eitherway - I know it works & purty good - doesn't take long before you start feeling some heat. :Thumbup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's electrical. Requires upgraded or dual altinator. Operates automatically, turns off and turns on, depending on the temperature of the engine. If the engine is warm enough, the cab heater does not turn on.

·
65 Posts
From what I read, I believe it is on allthe time with the heat, and increasesthe heat output of the truck, something like max heat, I do know that it is an electrical heat strip. As mentioned previously, it requires upgrade to standard altenator.

·
25 Posts
toofast said:
does anyone know if there is anyway you can retro a 08 with out the rapid heat?
Jim
I don't know, but it would be nice to be able to retro it in to the manual trans trucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts