The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get my hands on a motor home. i beleve about a 26 foot, cant remeber the name but its on a chev chaissie for free. with the 454 in her. the only problem is the roof is trashed. anyone try and put a new roof in and any luck?

·
683 Posts
What do you mean by "trashed"? Is the rubber membrane toast, or is the supporting structure rotted as well?

·
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like the supporting structure is rotted as well.

·
Inline Junky!
1,705 Posts
Re Roof isn't to hard just time consuming. Ive done a bunch of them in our shop! It takes me about two weeks of 8 hour days to put and complete roof on. That's rafters, plywood, and rubber. Only pain you will run into is campers aren't built like homes. Everything is built backwards from the inside out. and all the wires are run through the roof because its the last things to get closed up. The wires are all wrapped aroufn the rafters in a big mess! When i do them we set scafolding up on both side to make it easy to move around quickly.

·
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, this would be the first one i tried to tackle if i do it. what does the actual sealing? would i have to rip the tin off the roof as well and re do that as well? and also is it actual small rafters in there?

·
Inline Junky!
1,705 Posts
I would replace the tin with a rubber roof. Because the tins hard to get and hard to put on. And everyone ive ever done has little mini rafters.

·
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the Info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts