The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting close to replacing my Goodyear Wranglers, 275/75R18 with a new set of tires, I'm looking at a set of Toyo Open Country A/T 285/75R18 these tires are a little taller than my Goodyears, my F-350 is a SRW FX4x4 Crew Cab stock suspension it looks like I shouldn't have any problems with these taller tires, but looks can be decieving, any advice will be welcomed, I do occasional pull a travel trailer but the camper doesn't change my bumper height much maybe 2 inches at max.
Any info on these Toyo Tires welcomed.
Thanks,

·
37 Posts
I 2005 FX4- I went with the 285-75-17 Nitto Grabber- they have woorked great no problem- now have 15,000 rotate 5000 miles no wear. look great- look into them

·
1,570 Posts
Getting close to replacing my Goodyear Wranglers, 275/75R18 with a new set of tires, I'm looking at a set of Toyo Open Country A/T 285/75R18 these tires are a little taller than my Goodyears, my F-350 is a SRW FX4x4 Crew Cab stock suspension it looks like I shouldn't have any problems with these taller tires, but looks can be decieving, any advice will be welcomed, I do occasional pull a travel trailer but the camper doesn't change my bumper height much maybe 2 inches at max.
Any info on these Toyo Tires welcomed.
Thanks,
If you stick with stock offset wheels they should fit fine. You can get into trouble with more negative offset; when it sticks out further it moves forward and back more when turning and you can have bumper and fender clearance issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts