The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the 2.5in pucks up front on my f350 some time ago. The front sits 1/2 in higher than the rear. Readylift sells 5in blocks for the rear and this would solve my problem. However would a block that big create a problem with axle wrap?

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
I have the 5" blocks in the rear of my 05 dually and I have not noticed and wrap issues. But I don't tow much and almost nothing heavy. But on a hard acceleration from a stop I still have not noticed any wrap. The other thing I did on the rear of mine when I added the blocks. I went up on size (F-450) u-bolts in the rear. Not sure if it really helps but it sounded like a good idea at the time.

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
My stock 3.5" blocks allow a good bit of axle wrap. I'm talking about on dirt; I can't tell any wrap on the road so far. My '08 F-350, on the other hand, seemed to get worse and worse as miles added up. Longer blocks mean more leverage (easier to wrap).

·
Green Goose No Juice
160 Posts
Can someone explain to me the axle wrap? Im taking it as when your axle housing trys to roll opposite of the way your tires are spinning right?

·
194 Posts
That makes me feel bad about what I use to do to mine....:bawl

·
7 Posts
I have an 08 350 CCSB SRW and I'm running the 2.5" Readylift front with their 5" rear block set up. Only time I had wheelhop/wrap was under hard acceleration with the aggressive tunes. I had to add traction bars to keep the rear under control.

·
Green Goose No Juice
160 Posts
I thought thats what it was, i didnt expect it to be that extreme and didnt think about the u-joints either.. Thanks super08duty

·
773 Posts
I had really noticable wrap stock, especially when towing, I'd be able to feel at shifts even. Now I have 5" blocks with traction bars and it feels way better than stock. By the way '08 and up trucks have longer leaf springs than prior model years and will get axle wrap more than the older styles.

Edit: I have 3:55 which is probably part of why I had so much axle wrap towing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts