The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i think im ready to order my spartan tuner and exhaust, i cant stand driving a truck not tuned. I want the spartan with the 310 tune on it and i also want 5 inch straight exhaust. All the truck has for mods rite now is an s&b intake. Where is the best place to get this from? thanks for the help in advance

·
76 Posts

I bought mine direct from Spartan. They were advertisinng a special recently for a complete package. They also use the AFE exhaust and I was really happy witht he quality.

Joe

·
4 Posts
I purchased mine from Saprtan. I have the 250 and 275 but use the 210. It shifts more like stock and smokes less BUT totally kicks *****...

2010 F250 with Spartan, AFE stage II and 4" AFE exhaust

·
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks what tunes do i go with? Can i use the 310 as a daily driver? I will occasionally be pulling a light load and every once in a while a heavy load. This will just be for driveability and fun! Does spartan sell a five inch straight exhaust?

·
2008 F350 Murdered out
244 Posts
hopefully araron from rudys diesel performance will chime in, but in the off chance that he doesnt. Buy from araron he is one of the best in the business, he will make sure everything is just perfect and will ship it to you that same day. :thumbsup (919) 636-1518

·
215 Posts
hopefully araron from rudys diesel performance will chime in, but in the off chance that he doesnt. Buy from araron he is one of the best in the business, he will make sure everything is just perfect and will ship it to you that same day. :thumbsup (919) 636-1518
Aaron hooked me up, the spartan package he made for me included most of what is in my sig...

Worth a phone call, Spartan was going to do a package for me as well, but Aaron shipped free!

I just wish I could get a military discount...

·
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i have been waiting around for this new tune so id like to wait to order till when that is available if its what im looking for i think i would want to go with the 310 tune by the way everyone talks about it :)

·
76 Posts
Bighurt,

I talked to Spartan and the owner's best friend is a Marine, they gave me a military discount. I spoke to his mother and she gave me free shipping also. Great bunch of folks and there tech rep is retired AF electronics guy also. Of course I cant remember everyone's name.

Joe

·
76 Posts

I havent driven with the new improved, but I was told the 310 was tough on your tranny. I run the 275 as daily driver and tow with 210/tow. I dont want to burn up tranny or break anything. Best of luck.....

·
215 Posts
Bighurt,

I talked to Spartan and the owner's best friend is a Marine, they gave me a military discount. I spoke to his mother and she gave me free shipping also. Great bunch of folks and there tech rep is retired AF electronics guy also. Of course I cant remember everyone's name.

Joe
When I called the lady to put a package together, I inquired but she said they offered no additional military discount. I didn't inquire about free shipping however their was freight on the estimate...

Now weather she was uninformed or unaware, the damage has been done.

I'm not sure if I inquired to Aaron at Rudy's, either way damage is done.

Most internet and phone sales don't offer the discount because there is no way to validate weather or not it is in fact a member. Really if you need to pretend to be a soldier to get a discount, you have issues.

My experience is often that many companies don't offer a direct discount on the till, however if you inquire to management often they have a police/fire discount or in some cases I've received the employee discount.

Of course as a contractor I get discounts at places as well, so sometimes you have to play both cards, and luck out at some point.

·
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
can the 310 tune be ran as a daily driver or not?

·
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well everyone likes to have fun occasionally but hell i only drive it a few times a week if that and im usually very easy on it so i think the 310 tune would be ok for a daily driver. What will be different with the new tune you guys are coming out with?

·
15 Posts
hey im new to the powerstroke but definatly am going to buy one of your Spartan Phalanx Tuner's...just wondering what the 310 an 275 an 210 numbers everyone always talks about?? is that just the HP numbers? and when you order the tuner does it come with only one option when you order or all twelve and you can change on the fly?? thanks for your information and looking forward to the product

·
FukeneH
197 Posts
hey im new to the powerstroke but definatly am going to buy one of your Spartan Phalanx Tuner's...just wondering what the 310 an 275 an 210 numbers everyone always talks about?? is that just the HP numbers? and when you order the tuner does it come with only one option when you order or all twelve and you can change on the fly?? thanks for your information and looking forward to the product
not tune on the fly,takes 15 mins to switch tunes,

·
76 Posts
Rudy does offer military discount and was a close second on my package, but bought direct ONLY because they threw in free 275/310 tunes into package. Rudy was great to work with though and I am sure he will get some of my business in the near future....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts