The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good place where I could order a rear replacement tank for my 97 F350 7.3L. And is it much of a job to replace the tank yourself. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

First post... be gentle.

·
645 Posts
when I replace the rear tank on OBS truck I use a 32 gallon bronco tank, all I did was extend the pick up tube with some 3/8" stainless tube, using a 3/8" compression union. I made new straps out of 3/16" by 1" steel strapping. Make sure you get the tank that has the same vent set up as yours. Also I the fill hole is like a 1/2" smaller diameter it's a "gas" tank not a "diesel" tank.

when I pull a steel tank or put in a new steel one in I cover the whole tank with epoxy to prevent it from rusting.

NAPA has always treated my right on the Bronco tanks.

·
JCart
16 Posts
You can also get an F26D or E they fit and are 38 US gallons just need to extend the pick up tube and extend the gauge float rod. I used uncoated coat hanger wire as it was the exact same diameter. These tanks are 7" deeper than stock and the Bronco is 13" deeper then stock. Difference between F26D and E is the vent tube F26E is
your best bet but the D is what I put on mine it has a vent tube insert inside the fill tube which just needs to be pulled out with vise grips. I also had to "clock" the pick up assembly in the tank hole by trimming a new notch in tank hole lip. Mine came with longer mounting bolts too. My sig truck now has 405 litre capacity (104 US gal) :) and I hung the spare under there too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts