The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to install a regulated return. I am looking to find a good base line start point for the fuel pressure. I have a 2003 7.3L with 3.5" discharge pipe, 3.5" walker big truck muffler, and stock tail pipe for exhaust, AIS, DP-Tuner 60 tow 80 econ and 120, hpx crossover line, and 6.0L I/C and trans cooler. I would go right to Jody but they are closed this week. It would be good info for others too. I haven't found anything on this on any of the big diesel forums. Thank you for any help.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
i think its 45 psi stock but im sure some one will correct me

·
1,726 Posts
I run mine at 55 to 60 psi. I have ran it higher but didn't see any difference.

·
862 Posts
Every truck is different. I played around with mine at the drag strip one day to figure out what works best. My truck runs best at around 70 psi of fuel pressure, meaning at that pressure my idle is at its smoothest, and I also get the best ET's and MPH at the end of a run. Bumping the pressure up over 75 psi gave me a loss of power and also changed the idle. Also going below 63 psi does the same thing. My fuel pressure gauge shows that on a WOT run, my fuel pressure will drop about 3 psi. I'm still running the stock fuel pump, and a 3 psi drop is nothing.

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
Dunno what mine is, whatever bone stock is, I guess...
CSIPSD said:
68psi here...
That seems kind of high to me, but I'm defiantly not the expert...

Also, how did the new motor like the addition of drugs to it's intake?

·
6,337 Posts
68 is about middle of the road for most, some have it higher, some have it lower... Every motor likes a differant pressure.

OBS stock is in the 45-55psi range.

No new drugs other then Water...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts