The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Trac
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:helpDoes any one know what my truck is doing, I just got back from a trip CA to MT so of course the regens would finish but everytime I would start up a grade my truck would go into regen it would stay in for 25-30 miles. I drove over 2,600 miles and Im sure half of those miles my truck was cleaning exhaust filter Im sure I used a lot more fuel than if it was just running normal. Im taking it into the dealer this week but they never want to spend the time to see whats wrong. They just try to blow smoke up my *** and say its fine.

·
606 Posts
How any miles on your truck? The DPF will fill with soot over time that will cause it to regen. That is one of the problems with the DPF setup. It will get worse over time, until it is replaced or cleaned. The regens will also put fuel in the crakcase. As for the dealer, make sure they check if you have the latest flash.

·
606 Posts
With todays fuel prices, that had to hurt the wallet.

·
Trac
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 79,500 on my truck now. Yes fuel bill was way more than it should of been! I havent taken it in yet and it still is going in and out of regen daily.:elmerfudd

·
Trac
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
regen every 65 miles

:stars I was just told by my service guy that ford told him the reason my truck goes into regen so much is because its a dually!!!! :stars Even he laughed......:wtf

·
30 Posts
My truck started regenning often too. Dealer said normal, of course. I took off dpf and found my exhaust smoke to be very blue. Checked for oil and found the turbo seals were blown allowing oil to pass through turbos, and fill up dpf quickly, causing extra regens. Remove one of the turbo boots and see if there is any oil in there.

Hunter40

1 - 8 of 8 Posts