The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just about Broke
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new project is a going to be converting a 2wd reg cab long box to short box.
Any tips, tricks, links, and pictures????

Thanks!

·
7.3 addict
644 Posts
Why?

·
Just about Broke
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
1,570 Posts
Find a box before you start the project, because good condition short boxes are hard to find for under $3k. And why?

·
Just about Broke
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Find a box before you start the project, because good condition short boxes are hard to find for under $3k. And why?
Who would pay $3k for a box?
I have seen them all day long for $1500 or less.
Why do I need a reason to do this?
How bout because it’s something I always wanted and it would make a sweet cruiser.

·
1,570 Posts
Could be different in your area, but I've been looking for a like-new white (most common color) box for a while now. New take-off short boxes are in the $3200 range, long boxes are $800-1500 because they are very common due to people putting on flat beds.

·
Built not bought...
72 Posts
I didnt know till just a while back that these were so popular in Brazil. And from what I gather, they can buy them like that from the dealer. Iv seen quite a few 2wds on the internet now. But that was the first 4wd. Loose the stacks, then put a nice lift on it, and it would be alittle more my style. But I say, IF YOU LIKE IT, BUILD IT..... Just do your home work and give it a lot of thought before jumping into it. Its always nice when you can look at something you built yourself, and love what you see. Even better when people complement your work... Good luck with your project...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts