The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do people tap into the heads for the regulated return? The stock feed location looks pretty small and there are banjo bolts in the back and front that would be a lot bigger from what I looked at but I cant seem to find a fitting to thread into them. I'm going to talk to my machinist to see what he charge me to make a fitting to get into that port. Any info (pics even better) would be greatly appreciated.

·
1,726 Posts
The small 1/8" pipe thread ports flow pleanty of fuel (even going through the banjo fitting) for 230 to 250cc injectors. Beyond that it is iffy.

Some have drilled out the stock banjo fittings and weled a 37* flare fitting on the end to feed the fuel into the head. Getting a custom machined fitting like you speak of would be a much nicer way to do it but either way you will be able to supply an enormous amount fuel to the injectors. That is by far the best way to go but hardest and most custom way.

·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, thats just the info I was looking for. Sounds like I don't need to go the way I was thinking but if I'm going to do it might as well go all out. I might come across a large sum of money someday and build some stupid power. One can only dream. Well I guess I'll leave the decision to the machinist (what it cost). I had thought about welding a AN -6 to a bolt and drilling it out as a backup (already have those parts).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts