The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a BRAND new pickup truck sticker-ed for less then 50k LOADED :damnit &
you could actually buy a brand new PICKUP TRUCK for well under $40k :bdh:rolleyes::eek::nunu::bang

Attachments

·
395 Posts
bought one for 14,400 in 86

·
3,306 Posts
Yeah i agree. These sticker prices on these new truck are absolutly rediculous. The sticker on my truck was like 42K and i thought that was over kill. It's just absolutly outragous even though i'd love to have a newer one...i just don't see it happening. I saw a sticker on a 2011 F-350 king ranch dually loaded to the gillls for a near 75K....worth it? I think not!

·
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i bought a truck for 4k too and 9k but my POINT is theyve tanken an
almost 2x <sticker> jump in 6 years <ill be keepin' ours a LONG LONG TIME> !

·
3,306 Posts
yeah i bought a truck for 4k too and 9k but my POINT is theyve tanken an
almost 2x <sticker> jump in 6 years <ill be keepin' ours a LONG LONG TIME> !
Yeah i hear that. Especially since i have soo much coin into mine, it's not going anywhere.

·
1,060 Posts
Me and my 6.0 are in this love, hate relationship. I would love to trade in and trade up I would hate to add a loan to what I think is the light at the end of the tunnel 20 more months to go...

·
1,700 Posts
It was around 95 or 96, I was pricing a F-250 4x4 powerstroke. Reg Cab XLT nothing fancy but the typical XLT stuff. If I can remember right it stickered around $24K, I thought the near $3,500 for the 7.3 DI was high at the time.

I just looked at a 2011 reg cab 4x4, it was not a lariat but had a few options, mainly towing and off-road type options. It stickered right at $51,000.

·
721 Posts
Yes the prices are crazy. I bought a new 2003 6.0 F-250 2 wheel drive crew cab long bed loaded including bed liner and a utilty box for $39,850 out the door (tax,license,all other fees)

·
452 Posts
yeah the 2011's are a little different:

·
3,306 Posts
But the funny thing is...is that these trucks are selling fast. The dealers in my area can't keep them on the lot.

·
Stuck in Commiefornia...
1,296 Posts
That's because all the guys who still want Fords are finally paying off their 5-7 year loans on their 6.0Ls and they're desperate for anything better from Ford.

I just paid off my '05 F-350. I'll be keeping it. And when the 6.0L finally gives me enough reason, I'll put Plan-CR67-6M into action!

My truck stickered at $45,450 and I felt like I did really good getting out the door at $37k, tax, license and bs, with rebates and Family Plan, I got just at $9k off sticker, just about what the bank took in interest, oddly enough.

I'll likely NEVER buy a NEW truck again, it's used, cash money from here on out for me.

BTW, my 1977 F-150 Ranger XLT, (only thing better was a Lariat at the time) special ordered just the way he wanted it in 1977, cost my dad right at $7700 34 years ago. Times have changed boys, a dollar is worth about $0.10 from 35 years ago.

·
343 Posts
When I bought my '88 F250 custom new for $23K I was having anxiety attacks. Never thought I would be paying $40K+ for my current truck. Its paid for and I am guessing I will be keeping it for a long time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts