The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to make your keyless remote work while the engine is running? It's so hot here in Florida, that I leave it running a lot.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
You could use a turbo timer and set the time for like 10 minutes:shrug: thats all i can think of.

·
SLAPS Treasurer
101 Posts
To make the remote work while the truck is running you will need to look at a wiring diagram and cut the ignition sense wire going to the keyless entry unit. I did this on my 97 right after I purchased it new, if I remember correctly it was a brown wire with a white stripe. Once you look on a wiring diagram and figure out the correct wire just cut it and tape the ends.

Chris

·
190 Posts
ytee said:
To make the remote work while the truck is running you will need to look at a wiring diagram and cut the ignition sense wire going to the keyless entry unit. I did this on my 97 right after I purchased it new, if I remember correctly it was a brown wire with a white stripe. Once you look on a wiring diagram and figure out the correct wire just cut it and tape the ends.

Chris
yup brown wire with white strip here too

·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, yea, I need a wiring diagram. Can anyone say if the brown with white wire is the same for the 99's, and where is it located?

·
SLAPS Treasurer
101 Posts
Not sure on the color for 99 and newer. Also, not sure where your keyless unit is located but on the OBS it is under the dash behind the little cubby hole in the bottom of the dash.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts