The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I just joined this web site tonight because of all the useful information. Anyway I just bought a 2000 F-350 7.3 truck. Under the dash it has some kind of no name one knob tuner(3 positions). My question is do I just figure out where it plugs in and unhook it? The guy I bought it from did some mods like 5in exhaust and aftermarket air intake but didn't give me information on the tuner. I think the GEM module is also giving me problems with the 4x4 and battery drain. Any advice

·
125 Posts
Don't just unplug it without undoing the batteries first. It should be plugged in to the back of the PCM it's located on the drivers kick panel up against the firewall. I don't have much advice for the GEM but I've got one out of an 01 if you need it.

·
812 Posts
you dont need to unhook the batterys, but make sure you have the key out of the ignition.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update It looks like my tuner is a Bully Dog. Does anyone know what the settings are and how many? The only one I know for sure is the fast idle setting. I'm one click past (clock wise) and it seems to run fine.

·
Diesel Kid
47 Posts
how that bully dog treating ya im thinking about getting one for my 7.3 and they should be more than three settings

·
Diesel Kid
47 Posts
There are much better tunes out there than Bully Dog.
yeah i know but i have a opurtunity to get one for cheap i just want something till can get my dp tuner or tw cause i just got this truck last monday and the mod bug has already set in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts