1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I would wait for EFILive to release their tuning.'

·
That guy
141 Posts
Dont think its possible to remove the dpf/urea as h&s is the only tuner about to release a dpf/urea delete tune
H&S are the only ones who have publically removed the emissions system from an LML.

I would wait for EFILive to release their tuning.'
I wouldn't hold your breath on this one. Reading of the new ECM is just about impossible(if not impossible) from what has been gathered as it uses the new BOSCH ECM technology that has not been cracked in over 5 years in europe. EFILIVE is concerned over getting into legal trouble by downloading the tunes online instead of getting them directly from the ECM(it is legal to download the tune from your vehicle as it is your property, downloading the tune online could become a legal nightmare as GM has a pretty strict copywright on there software), so it may be some time before they can tune them(if ever). Right now I know they are concentrating on finalizing teh CUMMINS tuning according to there forum.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I think whenever something changes forst the knee jerk reaction is can't be done. In the end, doesn't it seem it is always done?
I know they are working on DPF delete tunes for the 6.7L why would the LML be any different. I also seem to recall all tge ECMs are locked down...LOL... It may be later rather than sooner but I bet it happens.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts

·
That guy
141 Posts
Pretty much my point if HS can do it... Why wouldn't EFILive :shrugs
EFILIVE came right out and said that they will not tune them unless they can read the tunes directly from the ECM. They may change there minds on this one, but that is up to them. H&S has hinted at the fact that they are not reading the tunes from the ECM, but rather uploaded the stock tunes to there tuner, then the tuner asks the ECM what tune it has, then it pulls that tune up in its memory and locks it in and flashes the performance tune for the stock application. The legal problem comes into play in the area of how aret hey coming up with the stock tune? GM's TIS system is strictly copywrighted, so I hope they are not getting them that way as that could have a blowback on the entire performance community if GM files a lawsuit regarding it and whoever is tuning them. It is possible I believe to open the ECM up and read the tune directly off of the chip inside though, so maybe H&S are doing it that way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed a 4" electronic exhaust cutout in the downpipe of my 2011 lml denali. It's still stock tuned but power increased dramatically. It produces black smoke and is stupid loud!

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
How does that not cause premature Regen? Since the DPF depends on comparing pressure difference between the pre-DPF and post-DPF sensors.

·
212 Posts
i dont see a need to remopve it. the regens dont put any fuel into the crankcase like the other brands, and the DEFG lasts 7000mi per tank on mine, fuel mileage is good in stock form. and if i gained 1.5mpg like i did on my dodge, it doesnt pay for the cost in just a few miled. besides with the epa now having free reign and no congressional oversight, you never know when feds are going to mandate yearly emission tests on all vehicles. look at all the coal power plants they are closing down at a terrible cost to consumers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts