The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under the truck replacing the oil filter this weekend. Reckoned I'd lube the zerk fittings while I was under there. D'oh! The grease fittings on my 15 yr old truck are frozen shut and the grease boots are looking old & cracked too.

Near as I can tell there are four grease fittings & boots on the steering linkage. My shop manual doesnt cover replacing grease boots & fittings so I dont know grease fitting thread size nor even if it's SAE or metric.

I'm assuming the Ingredients List I'll need are four grease boots, four grease fittings and four cotter pins. I have tools and grease gun/ flexi-hose.

Can any folks on here tell me what size grease fittings I'll need? Also, would NAPA or Advance Auto have the grease boots or do I have to get raped at the Ford dealer?

Thanks,
Catch

·
Stuck in Commiefornia...
1,296 Posts
Go on Harbor Freight's website or Amazon and order up a grease zerk fitting kit, it will have a multitude of common sizes, short and long, straight, 45s and 90s, and be not much more than a local parts store will get for a handful of individuals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts