The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I give credit where credit is due. Last night I was cruisin back to the casa and I saw a Duramax up ahead blowin smoke every where. I thought lets see if he wants to run. Well after the little bit of construction we went through he jumped in the left lane and I just crept up. When I got to the mid part of his bed I see him jump on it and I do the same. I was in a bad spot on my gears it took a sec to upshift but I caught up with him quick and actually gained on him just a touch then at 60ish mph he started walking away from me. I backed out and came up next to him at the light and gave him a thumbs up. That truck ran really well.
If we had raced from a dead stop I might have had him till 60 or so but he just walked away at the higher speeds.

I was very impressed and jealous at the same time.
:smoke

·
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First time I've seen that truck around town. I might get him in the future with 5K worth of work done. Which I am not planning on doing. hahaha

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
maybe he turned on the juice at 60 when he saw he was bout to get pulled....thats what i do, i always race without pane unless i start to get pulled, then on comes the juice! LOL

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
next time you see him try racing from a dead stop.. im sure you could take him.. just make it a short distance race.. like 60 feet LOL just kidding around

·
Registered
215 Posts
It makes a big difference in what SCT tune is used. I noticed with Elites tune the truck pulls harder at 60-70MPH it's a lot to do with the tranny tuning.

I run mid 13's and I know there are DMX's out there that will wax me good I just havn't found one on the street yet LOL

·
146 Posts
I raced a dmax at a 45 mph roll the other night. i had him till we got to abou 90 and he blew by me like i was standing still. they are very fast trucks in the top end

·
Registered
42 Posts
Always being a Ford man myself this is my first Chevy truck and diesel. I am very happy and impressed. The dmax is very fast. My poor old F250 is just collecting dust now.

·
46 Posts
ToddPSD said:
I give credit where credit is due. Last night I was cruisin back to the casa and I saw a Duramax up ahead blowin smoke every where. I thought lets see if he wants to run. Well after the little bit of construction we went through he jumped in the left lane and I just crept up. When I got to the mid part of his bed I see him jump on it and I do the same. I was in a bad spot on my gears it took a sec to upshift but I caught up with him quick and actually gained on him just a touch then at 60ish mph he started walking away from me. I backed out and came up next to him at the light and gave him a thumbs up. That truck ran really well.
If we had raced from a dead stop I might have had him till 60 or so but he just walked away at the higher speeds.

I was very impressed and jealous at the same time.
:smoke
Careful racing in town, There's a guy sitting in jail without bond for drag racing down a city street this morning, multiple crashes and multiple charges on list :popcorn:

F

·
0 Posts
LarryJewell said:
Careful racing in town, There's a guy sitting in jail without bond for drag racing down a city street this morning, multiple crashes and multiple charges on list :popcorn:
:damnit That would suck, I guess they take that serious in TX!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts