The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, right now i'm happy with my 02 Cummins, but...I'm thinking in a few years I'm gonna be looking for a new truck. Now I know with mine, it's like a 1960s gas-powered vehicle: no retarded emmisions stuff to worry about, power adders up tha wazoo...etc. My questions are: How much can you tune the 6.4? What's the deal with the DPF? Can you take that off? What other restrictions are on the 08+ diesels? Thanks guys, I appreciate it.:smoke

·
git-r-done
457 Posts
Well, for the 6.4's SCT would be the premier performance tuner while the DPF can currently only be deleted with the help of KEM performance and from what i hear is not all that great.
Just for info the sct extreme tune ( 120 hp )made a 6.4 run about 14.5 or some where near that in the quarter mile.
There are many guys on here running an AFE stg 2 intake. Mbrb makes a filter back exhaust as well as magneflow.
I think that Spearco has an upgraded intercooler but it dosent fix the flattened outlet tube.

hope this helps
you mat also check some of the videos on you tube search for "car data videos 2008 superduty" or some combinations of the sort.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts