The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done it? Is it even possible to do?

Also who has the best deal on Head Studs out there?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I have herd that ford recomends replacement of the heads if they are out of spec....so Im guessing it's not reccomended....perhaps someone else can elaborate.....gogodiesel.com....aka psdplayer aka froggy...aka Doug usually has a few sets of arp head studs...954-275-6801.

·
163 Posts
Well ford had a bunch of heads that where not perfectly flat. Tech started complaining due to the fact there doing new heads and gasket and the truck comes back in 2 weeks later with blown head gaskets. They sent out a memo on 8-12-06 stating the had new heads that were almost perfect within 1000 of in inch. The old ones were 4000 to 7000 of in inch off. I had the old style heads done on my 04 and had john wood port and polish and resurface the heads it been great so far. my 05 had the brand new heads and i did not have them resurfaced and the were almost perfect.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So can i tell the dealer about this memo? will they warrenty the 4000-7000 of an inch out ones? mine are 3000 out, should i try and resurface them?

·
Registered
23 Posts
not recomended to try to resurface cast iron head, add to it the fact that there is no combustion chamber milled into it. If you start taking off material from the bottom then you get into valve clearance problems

·
163 Posts
I would defenntly bring it up especaully if you are flipping the bill. some times they will give u the heads if they are the old ones and have them reserferced abot $150.00 bucks. Or see if they have the new one and then take a straight edge to them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts