The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Just about Broke
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to tweak in their Speedo?

I changed my revs per mile and its still off.

My tires are 35"s and doing the tape measurement it comes out to 592 revolutions per mile. But when I enter that in my SCT my Speedo is still off by 10mph.

I tried playing with it and going lower and higher and it appears to stay the same. :swear

Any suggestions????

·
Just about Broke
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just playing around with generic calculations I just came up with 576 revs per mile. Maybe I'll try this.

·
26 Posts
I don't think that changing it in a Tuner will change the display on your Speedo. Changing in a Tuner only sets it for the inserted program for it's strangles.

I used to own a '95 7.3 and you could adjust the Speedo and it helped with the Auto Trans shifting, but I don't think you can do that on the 6.0.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Yup. Scts setiing is very crictical for the trans so make sure you set it back to what your tires really are. Sct won't change the spedo

·
Just about Broke
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks,
So its dealer or superlift tru speed.

·
199 Posts
Well I took mine to Ford, had my buddy plug the computer in it, but he could not recalibrate for some ABS error. Am I just screwed or can I use something else?

·
1,570 Posts
If you're getting an error you could have a wiring problem or an issue with your ABS module. Mine won't communicate, but mine was hit on that corner before I bought it wrecked, so I may have missed a bad wire or the controller is eff'd.

·
1,445 Posts
will adjusting the tire revs help me with my truck being a stick shift

·
199 Posts
If you're getting an error you could have a wiring problem or an issue with your ABS module. Mine won't communicate, but mine was hit on that corner before I bought it wrecked, so I may have missed a bad wire or the controller is eff'd.
:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
the speedo is controlled by the ABS module, the SCT does not flash that module.

·
Just about Broke
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I just ordered my tru speed and I got free 2nd day air too....
Guess i got my weekend project.

·
Just about Broke
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so I installed my tru speed on my truck and it works great!
Just a couple questions:

Do I have to set my SCT back to my stock revs per mile setting now that the tru speed is tricking the computer?

What is the stock setting revs per mile?

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Check out the stickey in the tuner section!

·
Just about Broke
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Bill!

I'm still unclear on if i should be at the stock rev per mile setting with the truspeed????

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
The truspeed just recalibrate's your speedo, it should have nothing to do with transmission tuning that the sct performans.

I would measure out your Revs/Mile for the sct and re-download the tune to that setting and have a cold one :happymugs

·
1,570 Posts
I've wondered this as well, because the TruSpeed intercepts the signal from the ABS module, which is what the PCM sees. I asked around before and didn't get a goon answer on how it affects the shifting.

·
199 Posts
Would the TruSpeed work for me? The dealer could not recalibrate it because of an ABS error. But if the TruSpeed intercepts the signal, will it work?

Is there a vendor out there that would give me a money-back-guarantee if it doesn't work?

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
the sct needs to know what your tires are turning not what the spedo is reading!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts