The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Strokin'
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, havn't been around over the hoildays, hopes everyone ate lots of turk. Anyways, I went to see my dealer about scoring one of those test trucks for a week, he said they're pushed back due to having to up the hp to exceed the new Dirtymax.

If this is true, I'm looking into my crystal ball and seeing another MY 2003 for 2007.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Pourinthecoal said:
Hey everyone, havn't been around over the hoildays, hopes everyone ate lots of turk. Anyways, I went to see my dealer about scoring one of those test trucks for a week, he said they're pushed back due to having to up the hp to exceed the new Dirtymax.

If this is true, I'm looking into my crystal ball and seeing another MY 2003 for 2007.
:agreed: hope its not more of the same, but even if it is it will get worked out in the end and should be a good power plant

·
jet ski racer
327 Posts
Pourinthecoal said:

Pourin I heard to that FOrd was bring the trucks up here to test since the patch puts them through a real tough test!

·
342 Posts
There are two of them in Del Rio, TX this week. We saw them at the TA truck stop Sunday on a private hauler gooseneck. The guy said they were tire test vehicles??? They looked a little weird because the front end looked like a 2006 but the hood had about a 2" rise in it. The insides had four big cables & plugs laying on the passenger seat. The exhaust was 4" through the cat and muffler out the back. Both of them were X-Cabs. The phone pic is crap but it was all I had at the time. He said they were going to Phoenix after this for something else. He had to layover in Del Rio and wasn't looking forward to it. Go Figure!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
There was a feller in the store here the other day (he works for a truck rental shop) that was babbling about Ford having a Caterpillar option for 08....I figure he's FOS, but he seemed to be rather sure of himself..
With the emission changes coming down the pike for the next few years, it will be interesting to see what happens in the light truck market...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yeah Texas Test Fleet. I have a friend who works for them. (the tire test)

·
Strokin'
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cdooguy said:
Pourin I heard to that FOrd was bring the trucks up here to test since the patch puts them through a real tough test!

That is what the rep at the dealership told me. When I asked about a month ago when they were coming (they go through an appication process for the trucks), he said things were pushed back because of the re-powering of the trucks. I'm going in tomorrow morning, si I'll hit him again and see what ne says. Maybe he's full of ****e, I'm not sure. I know he relly treats me good anyways!

He claimed that they did cold-weather testing on the 6.0s when they first were developed up in our area, and he went through the process of getting them again for the 6.4L. They are aware of the heavy-duty use of our trucks in the 'patch, or so he says. I know I drive the crap outta mine every day, idling all day, pounding down lease roads, up and down hills, pulling loads, -30 starts, etc. I'm sure you're in the same boat cdoo!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts