The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the min rim diameter that works on the max?? my neighbor is looking to get another set of rims for his he has centerline 16.5" and was wondering if 16's would fit or if he needed 17's... or will 16.5" tires still be around for a while.. tire places try and sell you new rims when you order 16.5's... any help is much appreciated

·
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what rim size would you say he should run for 33x12.5 tires thats what he has wants a winter and summer set

·
925 Posts
At least an 8". I had 10" rims for my 35x12.50's and they looked very good. Just remember, a set of 285's on stock rims will rub when turning depending on how far the tbars are cranked up.

·
TDG Mafia Member #82
1,092 Posts
maxxis_mudder said:
At least an 8". I had 10" rims for my 35x12.50's and they looked very good. Just remember, a set of 285's on stock rims will rub when turning depending on how far the tbars are cranked up.
Also keep in mind that you have so many more tire choices with a 17in. wheel.......Id say go with the 17 and run some 285's of your/his choice!!

·
925 Posts
Bruiser6.0 said:
Also keep in mind that you have so many more tire choices with a 17in. wheel.......Id say go with the 17 and run some 285's of your/his choice!!

Correct, I was stating rim width, didn't think to mention the height.

·
TDG Mafia Member #82
1,092 Posts
maxxis_mudder said:
Correct, I was stating rim width, didn't think to mention the height.
I think at least an 8" too.........But i like the look of the wide tirewith a neg. offset.........It doesnt stick out like a Mexican Mobile and has a nice stance even with a 285!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts