The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on their set up? Release date? Is it going to be powdercoated? Cost? Anything? I'm really interested in it, but at the same time I want to finish up my lift and I either need OUO Adjustable Link Arms or RCD 4-link to correct my castor. I hope Brad or Josh will chime in.

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you want to know about tunes? If I were you I'd email Brad, he usually responds pretty quick.

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
I emailed boggin a few times, I just wanted to know numbers and track times as well as mpg. I also wanted to know if they offered any military discounts. Eric at innovative pm'ed me a sweet price on there extreme race tune so I'll give that a try. I figure for the price I cant go wrong and I could still get a rcd tune later. Ted at innovative said it was rated at 280hp over stock at the wheels so I figure its in the 550-ish range. Ted said they havent had any luck with the rain to get it to the track but going off of previous runs there expecting high 12's.

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Theres a run they put down 2 months ago with nitrous. I know with the 585 tune, Jesse from MBRP put down 592. Brad told me on the phone what they market their tunes as (450, 485, 520, 585) is right around what they should put down on the dyno. As far as mileage gains, I know with the 485, I think, Jesse from MBRP was getting like 17 hand calculated. Me personally, whether it was with Spartan tunes or RCD tunes, I have never really gotten any better mileage, maybe I just drive like an animal all the time, but my mileage was at 15ish with the dpf on, and with it off its up maybe 1 mpg. I do need to try some Innovative tunes though.

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
Yeah I saw that video but was wanting fuel only numbers. I know a supercab on 38's isnt going to run 12.O's on just a tune but I would like to get 12.90's or maybe better on fuel only. I dont care for the N2O because I would always be running the bottle dry. I figure if pharump was getting 13.10's to 13.30's on the old 250 tune it might be doable.

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know if it will work for a truck that is only lifted 3.5 inches. I'm either going with the RCD, or the Top Gun Customs 4-Link, or if someone who knows more about the OUO bars and can say whether or not they will help with wheel hop, I would also go that route. Talked to top gun today, and they said their 4-link will work with the amount of lift I have.

·
Team White
727 Posts
Im not sure about the icon working with the 3.5 or not. It works with both the 4.5 and 7 inch kits so it should work unless the adjustment is maxed out in both directions for those two kits.

Your getting wheel hop out of the front axle? I launched my truck for the first time on a wet road in 4 hi the other day and it about ripped the wheel out of my hand....lol

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wheel hop when sled pulling yes. The other thing I don't like about the icon kit...$1,500 buckaroos OUCH

1 - 12 of 12 Posts